living about an hour out of Krabi.

westbounder

Can anyone help answer some questions for me?

I am interested in learning to know what its like living anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours drive out of Krabi.

Heading out of town on either route 4008, 4037, 1025 or route 4.

I am looking for a quiet area with not much traffic, good roads to ride bicycle and I want to buy land and build a small house (if land not expensive).

What area would you recommend?

Thank You

Bounder, not familiar with outside of Ao Nang so much, but the couple of friends that I knew who moved to Krabi did not last too long there, for one reason or another... as usual advice in Thailand - rent first... if you can find something... same advice really as anywhere else in Thailand.

which ever direction you go you will end up in a little village ,depends if you like village life ,heading north on 4 you hit ao luk ,and lam sak,difficult question to answer really.going out 2 hours one way will put you all the way in trang which is quite a nice place lovely clean beaches and quiet roads

Good advice rent first, buy later if you happy. For me too many muslim population frequent Ao Nang Krabi and they are avaricious business people.

In my experience of visiting/living in Krabi/Ao Nang since '94, avaricious they certainly are not, most of the time they couldn't give a monkeys, so laid back it's hard to tell if they're awake.

Archived