Problems obtaining a criminal record check

I have just been offered a job teaching with a large, established teaching agency & one thing that they want for the Thai gov. is a criminal record check.

My problem is that I am from the UK but to obtain a online certificate they want 2 proofs of ID with current address on.

I have been living here in Thailand since 2011 so the only proof that I can provide is a copy of my Thai driving license & my yellow house book which of course are unacceptable as they are in Thai...

I cant seem to find a way through UK bureaucracy with this, does anyone know if whichever Thai gov. dept that wants this would be satisfied with a Thai criminal record check as I have been living here for 5 years?

And if they would how do I go about getting one?

I hasten to add that I have no criminal record in either countries I just seem to be getting stymied by bureaucracy...

many thanks people...

You can get one from the police station in Bangkok since you have lived here for the past 5 years or so. It is a common document.

Please submit document as below by yourself at Police Centre building 24 in BKK. The processing time is 1 month.

- Original of your passport

- Copies (first page,Thai visa page, TM.6 & arrival page)

- Original Marriage certificate and copy (if applicable)

http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

thanks jmccarty, thats what Id hoped as I can't see a way through the UK s stupid bureaucracy.....

Lucky that you are not from Australia. Being that they are all former jail birds smile.png

...who all originated in Britain, and they were sent out to the USA and later to Australia.

funny how so many UK people migrate to Australia, and others of course go to Thailand! tongue.png

thanks jmccarty, thats what Id hoped as I can't see a way through the UK s stupid bureaucracy.....

Lucky that you are not from Australia. Being that they are all former jail birds :)

Hilarious, the place with all the former jail birds has regressed into one of the biggest no freedom nanny countries on the earth. Sad but true.

I have gone through both the Thai & UK Criminal background checks several times.

The PDF downloadable requirements for the UK criminal background check are given online here

The main UK criminal record background check (ACPO website) online application portal is here

Note: Proof of address in a foreign language is permissible - here are the clarifications to the requirements given in the PDF download above:-

• TWO proofs of your current address. Official correspondence showing your name and address and one MUST be dated within the last 6 months. These cannot be hand written and envelopes will not be accepted as sufficient evidence. If these are not in English you will also need to provide a translation which may be hand written.

For my last ACPO certificate application, I used the following local(Thai) proof of address's

• Mobile phone monthly bill
  • Bank statement

I hope this info is useful to you wai2.gif

Nice to see my post is following TV tradition & careering nicely off topic lol

yair. best ignored. They'll soon have Trump to help them put of their problems!

Lucky that you are not from Australia. Being that they are all former jail birds smile.png

Yes, but we are CLEAN jailbirds with knowledge of personal hygiene.smile.png

I have gone through both the Thai & UK Criminal background checks several times.

The PDF downloadable requirements for the UK criminal background check are given online here

The main UK criminal record background check (ACPO website) online application portal is here

Note: Proof of address in a foreign language is permissible - here are the clarifications to the requirements given in the PDF download above:-

• TWO proofs of your current address. Official correspondence showing your name and address and one MUST be dated within the last 6 months. These cannot be hand written and envelopes will not be accepted as sufficient evidence. If these are not in English you will also need to provide a translation which may be hand written.

For my last ACPO certificate application, I used the following local(Thai) proof of address's

• Mobile phone monthly bill
  • Bank statement
I hope this info is useful to you wai2.gif

ACRO web site FAQ's.

I live abroad and cannot prove my UK addresses. What can I do?

If you live abroad you do not have to prove your UK addresses. You only have to prove your current address and inform us of your previous UK addresses over the past TEN (10) years.

---------------------------------------------------------

Have a word with the Embassy in Bangkok. For a fee, I am sure they could translate/certify you driving license and perhaps your house book, or if not suggest a solution. You will not be the first person in this situation.

The requirements, office location and procedures are online. Google it, its there. Its not difficult. Basically show up at the office, fingerprints, paperwork, fee and then wait for 30 days. Pick it up there or have them mail it to you. They have a whole office full of people dedicated to these checks

It's anecdotal, but I guy I know who has lived here for at least the last 5 years who moved to Europe for about 6 months to a year. When he came back a couple of months ago, he was required to provide a check from his time in Thailand only for a non imm b.

A Criminal Records Check is only valid for 1 year. So since you have lived in Thailand since 2011 there would be not much sense in getting one from the U.K. It would however prove your have a Clean Record in the U.K. up to 2011. I got one from when I was in my Home Country last time and even when it is outdated I still carry that and attach it to any new ones I need now. So far that has worked for me. But if you do need one from home I think you would have better luck dealing with your local police back home then the embassy here. They will have to go through them anyway.

You need to get a Criminal Records Check from Thailand.To do that you need to go to Bangkok. I forgot where exactly now, so you will need to Google the address, or someone here will give that to you, but it is where all there other Government Office Buildings are for Immigration and Police Services. What I found odd, and when I did my Criminal Check in Thailand, is that you need a Valid Reason to get one. So a letter offering employment and requesting a Criminal Records Check will do. You also need I.D. but your Thai Drivers License and Passport should be enough. Of course the more documentation and I.D. you have, the better.

Thanks Goldbuggy, that makes sense...

Where Immigration etc. is, is the Chaengwattana complex of buildings then I guess out towards Don Muang airport direction then? I didn't know Police HQ was there as well...

Thanks Goldbuggy, that makes sense...

Where Immigration etc. is, is the Chaengwattana complex of buildings then I guess out towards Don Muang airport direction then? I didn't know Police HQ was there as well...

Nope.

See post #2 of lostinisaan.

Ok so where is Building 24 Rama I, Pathumwan? in particular Rama I. is that a street name? I'm from the sticks & don't know Bangkok, but I will have to go there in person as I don't trust Thai post with important things like passports...

Ok so where is Building 24 Rama I, Pathumwan? in particular Rama I. is that a street name? I'm from the sticks & don't know Bangkok, but I will have to go there in person as I don't trust Thai post with important things like passports...

I recommended to you a google search because there is a police website with all the information you need to accomplish the check. It gives you ALL the info you need to get a background check. But, to satisfy a little of your question the office is in the police complex directly across the street from Central Mall. It takes 30 days to accomplish and you either have to come back to the office and pick it up or have them send it to you. I had it sent in the mail to Phuket. It arrived on day 30 of my wait.

Please see:

post-158336-0-68761700-1460087255_thumb.

Thank you very must LostinIsaan, that is just what I needed, Incidentally maybe we could meet sometime depending on which part of Isaan youre in.

I live in Chaiyaphum province but will be working in Udon Thani province, which province are you based in?

Archived