Check car history

Dellie

So in developed countries it is normally easy to check a cars history. How many owners it has had, has it ever been in an accident etc, etc. Anyone know if this kind of info is available for public view from the department of land and transportation here?

Considering a used lexus 2015 model. The price just seems to good to be true so Im a bit on the fence.

I'm not sure if there is a vehicle history check company for Thailand - anybody???

Start with the blue book - check the owners, mileage etc...

You might see if you can contact the owner's insurer for any claims....

Edited by cumgranosalum

Have you been able to view the car in person? Lexus has been the vehicle of choice for sales scams in a number of countries now but I don't know if it has become a Thai problem yet.

It's often a seller in a middle eastern country selling a late model car at a too good to be true price. People fall for it and buy online because the price is low enough to make up for any possible mechanical problems. Lexus and Audi are the main cars used. The reason given for the low price is often a change in employment e.g. transferred to another country at short notice.

Have you been able to view the car in person? Lexus has been the vehicle of choice for sales scams in a number of countries now but I don't know if it has become a Thai problem yet.

It's often a seller in a middle eastern country selling a late model car at a too good to be true price. People fall for it and buy online because the price is low enough to make up for any possible mechanical problems. Lexus and Audi are the main cars used. The reason given for the low price is often a change in employment e.g. transferred to another country at short notice.

I have seen and driven the car. It is being sold by a friends friend. It is a NX300h f-sport at about 700 000 under market value so obvoiusly Im kinda looking for the other shoe to drop.

If purchased new locally at a bonified dealer he should have a record of service, repairs, etc. I know Isuzu dealers

keep these records in their computer records, as well as the warrenty manuel ( which owner should have/provide) which sevice, parts, repairs etc are recorded, hand written.

If purchased new locally at a bonified dealer he should have a record of service, repairs, etc. I know Isuzu dealers

keep these records in their computer records, as well as the warrenty manuel ( which owner should have/provide) which sevice, parts, repairs etc are recorded, hand written.

OP says it's a Grey Import.

no blue book and then there is no reliable record......but you can usually tell most about a car with a little careful examination..crash mileage etc will all become clear quite easily....

No blue book though means it will be hard to sell on.