Help/ Advice please

I need some advice on what a group of people can do with regards to getting issues sorted out. Without naming places or people. That is not needed. So please do not ask. This is not what this is about.

We are owed a rather large sum of money when all put together, and we are not getting the return of our advance payments made. We have not received a service for this advance payment, and have requested this advance payment be returned to us. It has been promised both verbally and in writing, but over a month now and nothing has been returned.

Requests for information as to what is going on is now being met with generic emails going out.

All we want is to conclude our business and carry on with our lives now.

We seem to be in the middle of another battle, but this should not be put on our shoulders.

Now I really do request some honest advice. And I really ask that no one start adding names and trying to bad mouth companies and people. As said before. This request is not about shaming people. It is about getting honest help and opinions.

Please no trolling either.

Ask all the people involved in the scam to make copys of all documentation and if they have any pictures videos copy them of the sweet talking crooks. Depending on the material you can gather will depend which direction to head legally. If it's in Thailand you are talking about you will then have to talk to a decent Lawyer. Ask the people involved to pledge funds to fight the case. It could be a long protacted expensive case and you could win in the courts only to find the funds have all gone/relocated/hidden. It gives me no joy to tell/advise you it sounds like a lost cause.

Best wishes for the future.

If you use the police, you need to show them where the law has been broken. 'Fees' given willingly and then a disagreement over refunds is unlikely to fall under criminal law unless there was misrepresentation. You are probably looking at civil law which means you need to sue. That can involve 3 courts, at least 15 years, lots of corrupt lawyers plus their fees and no guarantee of justice.

I suggest you continue to pressure them but don't threaten. Once you threaten, they may go into attack mode.

Archived