How long u wait for visas in Penang? next day ?

sorted, booked flight 10 to 13 may

shoud do

Any one stayed in Bathu Feringghi? would I be orite to stay there? Thai consulate is in George town right?

I stayed once in George town, used agent for ED visa

How far it is in km from Bathu Feringghi to George town?

Some nice hotels in there and beach

Thx

The beach isn't to great in Penang and the seawater not suitable to swim in, if I were you I would stay in the city center. BF is about 15/20 km from Georgetown and the coastal road can be very, very busy especially the part from Tanjung Bungah to BF.

• Like 1

Get to the Thai consulate with all the correct paperwork before 11AM (08:00 - 11:30); earlier is better. Pickup is next business day afternoon 14:00-16:00 or 16:30.

sorted, booked flight 10 to 13 may

shoud do

Any one stayed in Bathu Feringghi? would I be orite to stay there? Thai consulate is in George town right?

I stayed once in George town, used agent for ED visa

How far it is in km from Bathu Feringghi to George town?

Some nice hotels in there and beach

Thx

You can either use a Taxi or 101/102 bus to go back to georgetown and do some walking to the consulate. See the guide: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/879418-guide-travelling-to-george-town-penang-and-back-to-thailand/ Waiting Taxis are more scarce in Feringgi unless you go to the major hotels like Hard Rock. Maybe your hotel can arrange one or others will chime in. I think a separate thread should be started in the travel forum. But 30RM one way from Feringghi to Thai consulate seems to be be about right. A taxi you can give yourself 45 min. Bus + walking you need about 80-90 minutes to make sure you get there in good time. A taxi you can give yourself 45 min. Bus + walking you need about 70-80 minutes to make sure you get there in good time.

You can save yourself some running around by using an agent such as Banana guesthouse, Jims Place, Mingood hotel. These are all located in Georgetown, (on or near Chulia St), and the 101 can take you from Batu Feringghi straight down Chulia St.

extra tip: bus 102 goes from airport to Batu Feringgi. 4RM vs 75-80RM. You can get a 7 day bus pass (unlimited rides) at Komtar for 30RM which I think will be worth it in your case. The famous 101 runs every 15 min, so you're golden in most cases even if a bus is full.

Edited by 4evermaat
  • Like 1

One more tip, I can recommend to install the Uber app on your smartphone (in case you get a simcard in Malaysia) , prices are only about 60% of taxis, the cars are newer and all the drivers I have used are very kind. In case you can´t use Uber I also got the contact of one friendly driver which you could contact directly: <PM member for phone number>, his name is Jason and he said if he is busy he can also arrange another driver. He will charge the uber rates with a meter on his smartphone.

Edited by ubonjoe
removed phone number (forum rule)