Visa exemption to get back to LOS from Laos (3rd LOS entry in 6 months))

For my first trip to Thailand, earlier this year, I entered using the 30-day visa exemption (UK passport, only stayed 18 days). I'm due to return using the same passport, and 30-day visa exemption for my next trip in mid-August, but want to visit Laos for a week in early September, before going back to Thailand and flying home 29 days later (if I can get another 30-day extension).

Can anyone please tell me, if it'd likely be possible to do all of this without obtaining a Thai visa? I realise I'll still need one from the Laos government, to get in there, but it'd be nice if I could get away with using the 30-day exemption, not only for my August return to Thailand (from the UK), but also my return from a short trip to Laos.

From what I gather, the 30-day visa exemption can be applied on 3 occasions over the course of 6 months, but has anyone actually tried this, or similar?

As usual ubonjoe advice perfect.

On side note if you wish to extend your stay, being UK you could go to hcmc. UK pp holders have 15 day visa exempt. Good for a turn around or obtaining setv if that suits future travel plans

As usual ubonjoe advice perfect.

On side note if you wish to extend your stay, being UK you could go to hcmc. UK pp holders have 15 day visa exempt. Good for a turn around or obtaining setv if that suits future travel plans

Thanks jacksam, will bear that in mind, perhaps for the future. The gf isn't at all keen to visit any of the neighbouring countries (except Laos), so it's off the cards until I get some time to myself.