Best value Hotels ? Central Pattaya

cicero1520

Internet should be of no worry as you can use 4G rather cheaply. If you found a nice place, why would you skip it just for the internet facepalm.gif

You should also state your budget. I pay 8,500 plus bills for a very nice hotel with pool but you might have some different figure in mind. ALWAYS pay by the month to get a good deal as usually paying 10-14 single days is the same price as one month.

The fact is, most hotels have internet and have no wish to add to the bill.

Sorry, but that makes no sense at all. You sound like one of these people who don't use low-cost airlines "because everything is extra" when in fact even with all extras purchased the flight is still considerably cheaper.

Hotel costs vary considerably, so why would you not spend an extra 500 Baht a month for internet when you found a nice room? Sure the difference in monthly cost to other places is much more than that?

Edit: Let me add: in most places the hotel wifi is crap anyway (weak wifi signal or too many people sharing and using torrent etc.) so you're best off having your own anyway.

Edited by wump

Internet should be of no worry as you can use 4G rather cheaply. If you found a nice place, why would you skip it just for the internet facepalm.gif

You should also state your budget. I pay 8,500 plus bills for a very nice hotel with pool but you might have some different figure in mind. ALWAYS pay by the month to get a good deal as usually paying 10-14 single days is the same price as one month.

I'll take the bait......?? PM if you dont want others to be aware ??

The Right Residence 3rd Rd Soi 10/1. Best value that I found in central Pattaya. They already do monthly rates if staying only one month... Others normally ask for 3 months to go on monthly rate.

The Right Residence 3rd Rd Soi 10/1. Best value that I found in central Pattaya. They already do monthly rates if staying only one month... Others normally ask for 3 months to go on monthly rate.

ok thanks for that will go take a look

I like the look of Meows place.

I have noticed it on my walks and thought that needs a closer look.

Its true wi fi is a bit dodgy but suffices.

Re my choice of travel, have notice that air China's

business class is slightly more expensive than ANZ, not as good perhaps, but you do get a flat bed.

I was referring to http://www.maxxcentral.com/, which I found excellent on 2 occasions, but they are not talking to me at the moment, must be full.

Yes, Maxx Central is often booked months ahead. Be careful of their dodgy electricity charges... In the end I paid 8,000 a month with the a/c at 27C, that's when I finally left.

You paid B8,000 a month just for electric ? Incredible if so .Normal household charge is B4 a unit in Pattaya ,but some Guesthouses charge double that ,but that would still not explain being charged B8k .

Most places charge between 7 to 10 baht/unit for electric where the government rate is around 4baht . A nice trick is to advertise the room real cheap and then go for 10 baht electric

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

The last time I was at a hotel in nearby Soi 8-9 from the top of the main street. I was offered 20-24 per month all include.

but bad internet and the impossibility to connect to the other...sad

Now I want to order some condo for few month .. but see it as a price for electricity will do it me just to expensive. monthly rent..

I just need 8-10 hours 22-24 C in room and use laptop/PC whole time+ good internet connections +some entertainmentwhistling.giflaugh.png

Soo i dont now what to choose..rolleyes.gif maybe i take that for 6000bt month and see what will happendcrazy.gif

Using aircon about 16 hours a day including other devices (laptop etc. is negligible) should set you back 3,000-5,000 if on apartment rate (7-10 Baht/unit).

In my earlier example I guess the unit was broken... I don't think they actually cheated (but seeing the electricity cost they should have fixed it!).

The last time I was at a hotel in nearby Soi 8-9 from the top of the main street. I was offered 20-24 per month all include.
but bad internet and the impossibility to connect to the other...sad
Now I want to order some condo for few month .. but see it as a price for electricity will do it me just to expensive. monthly rent..
I just need 8-10 hours 22-24 C in room and use laptop/PC whole time+ good internet connections +some entertainmentwhistling.giflaugh.png
Soo i dont now what to choose..rolleyes.gif maybe i take that for 6000bt month and see what will happendcrazy.gif

Perhaps choose a place with a good ventilation and location. I always rent apartments with French doors with mosquito screens or at least a number of windows.. That way I can keep the French doors/windows open and a cool breeze flowing through. Can be supplemented by a simple fan.

...or you can choose a tiny sweat box and spend your money on high air conditioning bills.

In addition, I always travel with a MiFi unit in so I don't need to depend on in house WiFi, which often fails.

Using aircon about 16 hours a day including other devices (laptop etc. is negligible) should set you back 3,000-5,000 if on apartment rate (7-10 Baht/unit).

In my earlier example I guess the unit was broken... I don't think they actually cheated (but seeing the electricity cost they should have fixed it!).

Why would anyone have air con on 16 hours a day !!

Have you stayed there?

Like I said I wouldn't stay there without internet.

Site was the thing, my massage people ,my pedicre people, my watchmaker etc are all there.