Ladyboy double team robs Indian tourist in Central Pattaya

rooster59

Ladyboy double team robs Indian tourist in Central Pattaya

post-247607-0-51175400-1460249394_thumb.

PATTAYA:-- A ladyboy double team made off with a wallet containing 45,000 baht from an Indian tourist in Central Pattaya on Saturday morning.

The pair approached Naveen Bansal, 25, outside the Bella Express hotel as he was waiting for friends and engaged him in conversation.

When he realised they had lifted his wallet they had driven off on a motorcycle.

He lost USD1,200 and 5,000 rupees. Police are investigating.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-10

More like 5000 rupee and $200 and a $1000 extra claim on insurance, funny no baht and also who in the right mind would carry $1200us around and not leave in the safe.

I don't know why you would suspect it's a insurance scam. Most if not all travel insurance/homeowners polices usually do not cover cash losses and if they do the coverage is very low. You will have to think up another reason to bash the poor guy!

Indian tourists are quite often very frugal when over here on holiday, they tend to spend as little as possible, and have been known to want to share a girl, so they can split the expense between them.

People with that mentality do not carry large amounts of money on their person.

More like 5000 rupee and $200 and a $1000 extra claim on insurance, funny no baht and also who in the right mind would carry $1200us around and not leave in the safe.

comments by an eggsburt who thinks that cash can be insured coffee1.gif

I don't know why you would suspect it's a insurance scam. Most if not all travel insurance/homeowners polices usually do not cover cash losses and if they do the coverage is very low. You will have to think up another reason to bash the poor guy!

poor farang guys feel rich[er] when bashing those who have more cash in their pockets than they can imagine.

interesting fact is that you'll find always the same crowd which comes up with eggsburt opinions drawn out of thin air and based on their inferiority complexes when it pertains to Indians, Arabs, Chinese or Russians not to mention the usual Thai and Muslim/Islam bashing.

I can understand the large amount of money, not necessarily believe this chap, but IF I was carrying that amount: I would avoid walking any long distance and I surely would avoid enlightened conversation with 2 blokes dressed in high heels and skirts...just my 2 baht worth of common f# kin' sense.

Edited by HLover

The money might have been for the entire holiday which may not only be in Pattaya. He wouldn't leave it in the safe because it's unsafe. He wouldn't keep it in a bank account and keep withdrawing because of bad conversion rates and bank charges per withdrawal.

He might have been a little drunk already when the ladyboys approached him. And while mesmerized, fascinated or bashful at the attention he was getting, got the money taken. USD 1,200 is not too much for a Indian software engineer or someone in a management position who isn't married. It's a realistic amount that can be saved up.

Or the ladyboys returned with backup to get what is rightfully theirs, as HLover has mentioned.

I don't think Indian insurance companies will give him anything by the way, even if he was actually robbed. They are as "frugal" as some of the tourists who come here.

Edited by mesterm

Let me get this right. Was this two teams of ladyboys or a team impersonating ladyboys in some kind of double act.

As usual the reporting is as clear as mud smile.png

Pretty obvious to me that it was a "team" of two.

The pair approached Naveen Bansal...

.. had driven off on a motorcycle.

Again I oppose the term "rob".

To me this is a "tricky theft"/"larceny by trick".

Robbing involves force/threat/weapon which obviously was not.

This type of theft is an age old crime and a dally occurrence in so many western cities/tourist centers.

Germany is swapped full with such petty criminals ("dancers", "flirting" etc. pp.).

I find comments ignorant that an Indian could not carry worth 45000 Baht.

Ever thought that it might not be his money exclusively?

Waiting for his friends to go to exchange?

Indians not having CC / ATM cards so being dependent on cash?

Taking Dollars from India to Thailand being the best option?

I don't go the route and tell you how many crazy rich Indians there are.

Indeed they will prefer Swiss alps or the like over Pattaya.

Edited by KhunBENQ

What??? No 50,000 baht gold necklace in this one.As for the op who said about Indians being frugal and wanting to share a girl.Sorry, but its quite true.My wife had to explain to all our girls about this practise.We only ever had 2 Indian guys visit our place.They wouldnt buy a lady drink and wanted the girl involved to go without the barfine.We heard stories of girls being taken to some shit pot room and there would be 5 of them there.Our girls wouldnt have any of it and they soon stopped coming in.I'm not sorry if you think i am racist and i really dont care,its the truth.

Thai's in Pattaya don't take credit card. I assume he was planning on a big night.

Lets hope they catch the perpetrators and he gets his money back.

Good luck to him and this will be a lesson to him to take care in the future.

Edited by djjamie

Bang on' I was ripped off in Phuket for a small fortune - few grand in GBP me being too impatient to put in the hotel safe and not trusting the look of the guy who makes the deposits. Fatal mistake and soon relieved of my burdensome fat wallet and a lesson well learnt.

Just saying ...... It happens !!!!!

How about he was 50 cents short of a dollar?

How many times do I have to post this?

I was insured for loss of cash up to £250 during my winter in Thailand by "Go Walkabout".

Not much because it was a minimum policy I got just for the medical cover.

Google them, and there are others. (But maybe not in "Retardovia").

Edited by Enoon

How many times do I have to post this?

I was insured for loss of cash up to £250 during my winter in Thailand by "Go Walkabout".

Not much because it was a minimum policy I got just for the medical cover.

Google them, and there are others. (But maybe not in "Retardovia").

Is that a lovely quaint resort town near Whales?

The money might have been for the entire holiday which may not only be in Pattaya. He wouldn't leave it in the safe because it's unsafe. He wouldn't keep it in a bank account and keep withdrawing because of bad conversion rates and bank charges per withdrawal.

He might have been a little drunk already when the ladyboys approached him. And while mesmerized, fascinated or bashful at the attention he was getting, got the money taken. USD 1,200 is not too much for a Indian software engineer or someone in a management position who isn't married. It's a realistic amount that can be saved up.

Or the ladyboys returned with backup to get what is rightfully theirs, as HLover has mentioned.

I don't think Indian insurance companies will give him anything by the way, even if he was actually robbed. They are as "frugal" as some of the tourists who come here.

Are you stalking this guy ? From your post we know you know he was a little drunk, mesmerized, etc etc, either a software engineer or in management. Also thanks to you we know he is single and he had sex with the ladyboys and didn't pay the full fee.