Divorce issues with my Thai Gf and Taiwanese Bf

Staycool

Separtion more then 3 years

File that with help of a lawyer.

Then about 2017 you can marry adter the waiting period of 304 days) if this applies).

But she was not honest to you about this

Question to answer by you if it is wise what you want and to merry.

Separtion more then 3 years is possible under thai law

File that with help of a lawyer.

Then about 2017 you can marry after the waiting period of 304 days) if this applies).

But she was not honest to you about this

Question to answer by you if it is wise what you want and to merry.

My wife is Thai and based on my experience, very few Thais I've met actually plan ahead effectively, my wife certainly doesn't. If you met your GF 6 years ago, that would have given her ample time to sort out a divorce or at least, you would have hoped, communicate with you that it wasn't finalized ie, she's still legally married. This is teaching you a valuable lesson! Most Thais just lurch from one crisis to the other I'm afraid so at least you're learning this BEFORE you get married. My view is that paying for the ex to fly to Thailand is the cheapest and the fastest and most direct route, if that involves paying for his ticket, so be it. However, if he doesn't have cash for a ticket, this is another teachable moment about how quickly things go south in relationships with Thais when a lack of money comes into the equation. Problems are exacerbated when the Thai in question is abroad, the usual 'I miss the Thai weather/food/family'. You're lucky to have this insight into what married life will be like before you take the plunge. At least you can't ever say you're surprised!

AFAIK If a foreigner wishes to divirce a Thai and the Thai is not present, then there is a statury amount of time to wait before the divorce is final. Don't knof it works the other way round, but your gf can simply ask at the Amphur.

On a serious note, just do a Budhist wedding and skip the part with paper signing. Quite common here also with Thais. It might be even beneficial for you in the long run, gives you mote options and frankly it's her problem not yours.

Read the OP's last line and you will see that your comment is irrelevant and stupid, and indicates that you may have had a bad experience with a Thai lady... Just saying...

Just go out and find another Asian guy to pretend to be him and get him to sign the papers in her husbands name,

Not advisable at all! Forging documents is a jail offence in Thailand.

Yeah but you can say you thought it was him cause all Asians look alike to you.

Just go out and find another Asian guy to pretend to be him and get him to sign the papers in her husbands name,

Not advisable at all! Forging documents is a jail offence in Thailand.

Yeah but you can say you thought it was him cause all Asians look alike to you.

She can say she thought it was him, because all foreigners look the same to her!