David Cameron defends ‘entirely standard practice’ of offshore investments

webfact

@jayboy:

The difference you keep bringing up is a LEGAL difference, not a MORAL one. TAX AVOIDANCE and EVASION (in moral language) are the SAME.

No they aren't.In fact you are talking nonsense.

If you can manage to consider a highly complex issue in an intelligent way here's an article on the subject from the New Statesman.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/04/whats-wrong-tax-avoidance

@jayboy:

The difference you keep bringing up is a LEGAL difference, not a MORAL one. TAX AVOIDANCE and EVASION (in moral language) are the SAME.

If you can manage to consider a highly complex issue in an intelligent way here's an article on the subject from the New Statesman.

It seems a lot of people are trying to avoid what Dodgy Dave said and furthermore don't know who Jimmy Carr is.

@jayboy:

You've failed to grasp my point. Jimmy Carr was involved in 'Tax avoidance'. (not tax evasion - which is a legal matter) Cameron said Jimmy Carr's tax AVOIDANCE was morally wrong.

Here is what Cameron said about Jimmy Carr (and his profession as a comedian when he sells show tickets) :

"I think some of these schemes - and I think particularly of the Jimmy Carr scheme - I have had time to read about and I just think this is completely wrong.

"People work hard, they pay their taxes, they save up to go to one of his shows. They buy the tickets.He is taking the money from those tickets and he, as far as I can see, is putting all of that into some very dodgy tax avoiding schemes.

"That is wrong. There is nothing wrong with people planning their tax affairs to invest in their pension and plan for their retirement - that sort of tax management is fine.

Do you get it now?. Open your eyes. it's no good complaining after you've been duped. Everything mentioned above is online. See it for yourself, if you don't believe what you are hearing:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9344956/David-Cameron-tax-arrangement-of-comedian-Jimmy-Carr-morally-wrong.html

@jayboy:

You've failed to grasp my point. Jimmy Carr was involved in 'Tax avoidance'. (not tax evasion - which is a legal matter) Cameron said Jimmy Carr's tax AVOIDANCE was morally wrong.

Here is what Cameron said about Jimmy Carr (and his profession as a comedian when he sells show tickets) :

"I think some of these schemes - and I think particularly of the Jimmy Carr scheme - I have had time to read about and I just think this is completely wrong.

"People work hard, they pay their taxes, they save up to go to one of his shows. They buy the tickets.He is taking the money from those tickets and he, as far as I can see, is putting all of that into some very dodgy tax avoiding schemes. "That is wrong. There is nothing wrong with people planning their tax affairs to invest in their pension and plan for their retirement - that sort of tax management is fine.

Do you get it now?. Open your eyes. it's no good complaining after you've been duped. Everything mentioned above is online. See it for yourself, if you don't believe what you are hearing:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9344956/David-Cameron-tax-arrangement-of-comedian-Jimmy-Carr-morally-wrong.html

You seem not to be aware you are making my point for me.Jimmy Carr was involved in tax avoidance of the most dubious kind.Cameron paid in full the tax due on his investment - and is guilty of nothing at all.

@jayboy:

Jimmy Carr was involved in tax avoidance of the most dubious kind.Cameron paid in full the tax due on his investment

cheesy.gif

1) The blairmore prospectus had suggested tax evasion was the motivation for being based offshore.

2) Blairmore Investment fund wasnt' a pension plan for retirement.

3) about this discussion we are having: The ole adage "Never argue with an ......" comes to mind.

Edited by meltingpot2015

@jayboy:

Jimmy Carr was involved in tax avoidance of the most dubious kind.Cameron paid in full the tax due on his investment

cheesy.gif

1) The blairmore prospectus had suggested tax evasion was the motivation for being based offshore.

2) Blairmore Investment fund wasnt' a pension plan for retirement.

3) about this discussion we are having: The ole adage "Never argue with an ......" comes to mind.

Never argue with someone who will challenge ill-informed and fatuous assertions.Is that what you mean?

Cameron paid the full amount of tax when he cashed out.That's exactly the same as if the fund had been on shore.