Discount/reward cards

Spaniel

As anyone that has been here more then a few months knows their are lots of discount cards available that can save you money. At the risk of been labeled a "cheap charlie" here are a few that I have but I'm sure many others are offered. Feel free to add to the list.

1. Tops

2. Big C

3. True, Black or Red card for discount on coffee at True coffee shops

4. MK discount card, 10% off on meals

5. Cafe Amazon, buy 10 drinks get one free. Not available at every Amazon

6. Tamar Bakery Pattaya Loyalty Card, buy 9 coffees and 10th one free

7. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf reward card

Khun Mi "M Card" ?

I get asked this every single day at The Mall group stores.

The real secret is to sign up for none of them, at the stores at least (The Mall Group) they punch the discount code in when you tell them you don't have the

card.

Another secret is to shop with a Thai woman...they invariably have a stack of about 25 to 30 discount cards in their purse. You are bound to find one that works at most places.

Bank Cards

Various "debit" cards at the banks have different value and can get discounts in a variety of places.

Store Cards:

*Home pro

*Thaiwatsadu

*Global house

*The "One card" for Topps/Robinsons and a few others in that group

Asiabooks member card - a quick 10% off on English language books, and 5% on most English magazines (they gave 10% on Wednesdays some years ago, but I don't know if this still applies).

NOK FANCLUB membership - cost 200 Baht for the first two years, then 100 Baht to renew. Earlier access to promotions and 5 KG more checked luggage

TOPS card seems to be part of the Central EXPAT CARD system now, they rejected my TOPS card some months ago and now I only use the Central EXPAT card

RABBIT CARD issued by the BTS. No queuing for ticket machines or to change bills into coins. Plus it gives you 10$ discount at MacDo and is accepted by many other food outlets too. Very helpful

Bank Cards

Various "debit" cards at the banks have different value and can get discounts in a variety of places.

Store Cards:

*Home pro

*Thaiwatsadu

*Global house

Have you ever received any discount/coupons for the Home pro card CharlieH? I religiously use mine every time I buy anything but have never had anything out of it?

Bank Cards

Store Cards:

*Home pro

*Thaiwatsadu

*Global house

Have you ever received any discount/coupons for the Home pro card CharlieH? I religiously use mine every time I buy anything but have never had anything out of it?

Yes, they have given discount off at the checkout but only very small amounts.

It might be worth you checking as many times I have been charged less than the ticket price for item total at the checkout.

Bank Cards

Store Cards:

*Home pro

*Thaiwatsadu

*Global house

Yes, they have given discount off at the checkout but only very small amounts.

It might be worth you checking as many times I have been charged less than the ticket price for item total at the checkout.

Thanks - either I have not noticed or I just haven't spent enough smile.png

Bank Cards

Store Cards:

*Home pro

*Thaiwatsadu

*Global house

My wife told me the discount using the HomePro card is 3%.

Bank Cards

Store Cards:

*Home pro

*Thaiwatsadu

*Global house

My wife told me the discount using the HomePro card is 3%.

This is on the loyalty card only (not some sort of branded credit card)? Does it only kick in at a certain amount? I bought a water tank from them last year and still have the receipt - definitely no discount shown sad.png

It seems that there are two type of cards at HomePro. When you use the loyalty card you accumulate points then when you reach a certain level they give you a gift but no discount. If you use the HomePro credit card issued thru Krungsri Bank when you purchase something they take 3% off at the register.

We use TESCO points, just around the corner and cheaper than 7/11. They send a letter with discount vouchers every month. Not much but why throw it away.

Other than that you get some 3% and points with many credit cards, HomePro, Central, this stuff, but it's more expensive to start with, in the end you don't save any money.

I have an SCB CC, they give 10 or 15% for King Power, so you can get some industrial alcohol a little bit cheaper at the airport.

It seems that there are two type of cards at HomePro. When you use the loyalty card you accumulate points then when you reach a certain level they give you a gift but no discount. If you use the HomePro credit card issued thru Krungsri Bank when you purchase something they take 3% off at the register.

Mine isnt a credit card, and I never ever received a free gift of any description, but have received discount at the checkout on purchases.

I had to buy something in Homepro today so asked at the info counter. My understanding from what was said is pretty much as Spaniel mentioned except they were saying you accumulate points and when you have 1000 that is worth a discount of 100baht off whatever you are buying - plus you can also get discounts of bedding at the moment. No. of points is shown on the till receipt.

Hopefully will be a while before I find out as currently half way there and normally only buy stuff from there to repair something.......