Where to buy good quality car battery in Chiang Mai?

ilostmypassword

You'll be lucky. I was amazed to find my new car came with an old type lead-acid battery.

It's incredible what is done to cut costs and sell a car with as few extras as possible.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bump but sooner than a new thread, is temperature when parked vital, if so will park under the roof awning in the shade when left for long periods.

Is a lead acid battery degrading even when unused in this climate, as you can judge I am not a mechanic ?

Edited by RubbaJohnny

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, did not follow this thread. Yes, high temperature is poison for lead acid batteries, best to avoid anything higher than 30C, which is impossible here with a car battery. So parking in the shadow will be better, not only for the battery.

If it is not filled with the acid, it should not degrade, given you keep it in a dry clean place. Otherwise it does. What helps are these small automatic top-up chargers that may also have a desulfating (pulsing) function.

Edited by MadMac

There are quite a few FB battery outlets in Chiang Mai. When my lead acid battery weakened in my Vigo I stopped at the one just west of the Ping river on Mahidol road, they were going to install another lead acid battery but put in a gel battery at my request. They were quick and used leads to maintain power to the vehicle which keeps power to the computer, radio and clock so resets are not required.

Yeah, that is another thing if you run completely empty. There are also some tricks nobody knows. One I know you have to push down the mirrors 1...2 times to enable there security stop, that is for Mazda and Ford Ranger. Other cars have at least problems with radio and alarms. Gotta love those old cars who still needed a real driver ????