visa run savanakhet

monday 11 april,, thai border very busy many lao's going home,,result half an hour late getting to thai consulate,, consulate people extremely helpful,, let me and some others in,, don't be late in future,,, talking to americasn over couple drinks at hotel..not lucky. may be stuck for whole week,, i advise to go tuesday morning early talk nicely grovel and see what happens,, dead lucky they give him one day turnaround,, i would give them 10 out of 10 this week ,, well done savanakhet..

Many people arriving at the consulate to find a notice on the wall this morning saying they are closed for today as part of the Laos new year, on their website no mention of a holiday on the Monday, according to their website the Laos new year fell on Saturday,, I guess they've carried it through and taken the Monday off,,, pity they couldn't have advised of this more clearly and specified the closure on the 18th on their website

A little late for that for me and a few others, but a good point for future,, cheers joe,,,

kinda defeating the purpose having a website for the consulate with holiday information on the website but looking towards another for the updates