Going to bed

laolover88

I looked at some threads and thought: I'll go to bed

And then I thought, well going to bed is not like the UK where there are electric blankets and duvets with arctic ratings.

I take a shower, turn the air to 25 get into the bed which has John Lewis cotton sheets and duvets. Wife moans it is cold. However she has a full set of thick cotton and woolly night garments. I wear nothing. But that means "hugs" etc.. Removing the sheep and the cotton can sometimes be a bit of a downside. Wife has to wash all bed linen every day as she thinks one night renders it intolerable. Children don't like beds. They have slept on the floor all,their lives..and do so in the UK..Imagine what Social Services would have to say about that! I have banned dogs and cats from the bedroom.

How do you sleep?

Edited by laolover88

I had a really bad back, so bought a new mattress, very expensive one...it wasn't the pain, it was like little spasms going down my legs...so i had a few courses of acupuncture with electric pulses, and also those glass suction things they stick to you, (don't know what they call them), anyway, after that, i have slept like a baby....also i was given these chinese herbal pills that taste horrible, but apparently they are good for your kidneys.

So the moral of the story is, i don't really know how i sleep, because i am now dead to the world.....555

Edited by Ghostnigel

I wouldnt have cats or dogs in the house, let alone in the bedroom.

Our dogs live outside.

As for sleeping, pretty much the same as you,.(bedding wise) air-con goes on timer for two hours @ 27, then fan kicks in.

No ankle-snapper to worry about here.

Didnt think anyone still used electric blankets (in UK).

I wouldnt have cats or dogs in the house, let alone in the bedroom.

Our dogs live outside.

As for sleeping, pretty much the same as you,.(bedding wise) air-con goes on timer for two hours @ 27, then fan kicks in.

No ankle-snapper to worry about here.

Didnt think anyone still used electric blankets (in UK).

Electric blankets. I agree, but must not underestimate the temperature at which Thais "Out of Country" need to live!!

Sleep really well, very good mattress & of course now air conditioning which is essential in April. Oh & toss in a couple of cats & a few dogs - yes -really (grew up sleeping with my dog & highly recommend it). Perfect. Why bother having dogs if you treat them like garden ornaments? But then I am from the UK. I don't recommend sleeping with dogs for everyone but suits me just fine

I normally go to bed first and spread out. The wife goes later and takes her half. Then around 4am our son joins us. So by morning I normally have a strip on the edge about a foot wide to call my own.