Songkran fun turns violent - one dead, six injured in Suphan Buri stabbings

webfact

Once again this confirms my argument that the Songkran festival of today can cause aggression and with conflicts arising. Very different to the tradition of sprinkling water on people than firing and drenching people. Brink back the old ways.

Oh yes the good old days when the people were not drenched.

I doubt very much if this incident was caused by the attacker getting a little wet. It is only the farangs who can't seem to cope with a little bit of water on a hot day in a tropical country. How do they cope during the wet season?

Let's have a look at the good old days when you were just sprikled gently with a drop or two shall we. Or is that just a myth you have read? Ask an older Thai, they will tell you.

No doubt being posted by someone who has locked himsleft in his apartment/house since April 12th.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Songkran is a moronic monstrosity and an affront to polite social order. To be sure a stabbing is an overreaction, I just feel like punching people who throw dirty water at me.

You sound like a kilo of laughs. If dirty water makes you want to fight, does clean water make you feel warm and smiley inside? The 'moronic monstrosity' may be in the mirror.

Funny post though, 'polite social order'....the world isn't made of pie and candy mate.

And you sound like the simple type who finds slapstick comedy on Thai TV funny. All those boing noises make you laugh eh?

I don't stop you from watching mindless drivel, so please likewise respect my right not to have water thrown at me when I'd prefer to stay dry.

Yes, the 'boing' noises make me laugh.

You boast about fighting and disrespect a Thai holiday, nice guy.

Ohhhh, Scooby-Doo is on!

Once again this confirms my argument that the Songkran festival of today can cause aggression and with conflicts arising. Very different to the tradition of sprinkling water on people than firing and drenching people. Brink back the old ways.

I doubt very much if this incident was caused by the attacker getting a little wet. It is only the farangs who can't seem to cope with a little bit of water on a hot day in a tropical country. How do they cope during the wet season?

Let's have a look at the good old days when you were just sprikled gently with a drop or two shall we. Or is that just a myth you have read? Ask an older Thai, they will tell you.

Great pics. People having a fun time.

Songkran is a moronic monstrosity and an affront to polite social order. To be sure a stabbing is an overreaction, I just feel like punching people who throw dirty water at me.

So you are ok with clean water then?

You being from the "polite social order" want to punch people for getting wet?

How do you cope during the rainy season? Do you shower?

Eh? Why is it that Songkran apologists, of the kind who just got off the plane, fail to understand the difference between voluntary and involuntary? I'd have nothing against it if people were to be polite enough to refrain from soaking me when asked.

"if people were to be polite enough to refrain from soaking me when asked."

cheesy.gif

On Songkran day asking people "to be polite enough"to refrain trowing water...One of the most unrealistic answer I have read on TV.

But not easy to control egocentrism facepalm.gif

Just read quite a few local papers, not national ones, from back home.

To my surprise, there were numerous stabbings, shootings and sex attacks, all in the same day !

These incidents rarely make the National papers, because they happen almost everyday.

Every incident including violence, normally gets reported on TV, and some people on here are oblivious to the fact that it happens almost everywhere worldwide.

Stay inside.

Great pics. People having a fun time.
Im sure there were people just as pissed off back then.

Reply to Alwyn

"The Songkran festival of today of today can cause aggression"... Like a Saturday night,

a birthday, a funeral, a football match or any other day, anywhere in the World then..

Yes,,, But,, I can easily avoid or chose not to participate in the above activities and yes

i won't be there at my funeral either because the activities mentioned here may only

occur for the day or night or a few hours, now Eienstein tell me in a sober way how i

can avoid the 2 weeks of madness ?

I personally choose not to be in South East Asia for the event but maybe i'll change.

I could have selected any one of many topics to ask this question, but this will do,

Does anyone know of anywhere one may be able to read something positive about Songkran 2016?

Road Accident Stats.

Morgues

Stabbings

Shootings

Dirty Water

No Water

Fights

Bashings

Lewd Behaviour

Molestation

and I am sure I have missed a few things

Too many negative waves.

So you are ok with clean water then?

You being from the "polite social order" want to punch people for getting wet?

How do you cope during the rainy season? Do you shower?

Eh? Why is it that Songkran apologists, of the kind who just got off the plane, fail to understand

Not only a Songkran apologist, but a all things Thai apologist, even Thai driving.

Reply to Alwyn

"The Songkran festival of today of today can cause aggression"... Like a Saturday night,

a birthday, a funeral, a football match or any other day, anywhere in the World then..

Yes,,, But,, I can easily avoid or chose not to participate in the above activities and yes

i won't be there at my funeral either because the activities mentioned here may only

occur for the day or night or a few hours, now Eienstein tell me in a sober way how i

I personally choose not to be in South East Asia for the event but maybe i'll change.

2 weeks? Since when has Songkran ever lasted 2 weeks? 3 days max in Chiang Mai. I just don't go out for 3 days. You really don't need to be Einstein to work that one out. Maybe for somebody with an IQ of an iguana it might seem you'd need the brains of Einstein to just stay at home for 3 days but it's really not that much of an intellectual challenge for the rest of us.

Reply to Alwyn

2 weeks? Since when has Songkran ever lasted 2 weeks? 3 days max in Chiang Mai. I just don't go out for 3 days. You really don't need to be Einstein to work that one out. Maybe for somebody with an IQ of an iguana it might seem you'd need the brains of Einstein to just stay at home for 3 days but it's really not that much of an intellectual challenge for the rest of us.

I don't live there, but I know Songkran can last for NINE days in Pattaya.

Yep The action has started. This year will beat all the other years of people being killed or being injured during SongKhan.

Yes you are correct my friend because the younger Thais can not hold there liquor or fight with there fist like normal farangs do. They should combine the number of death by driving accident deaths, shooting deaths and stabbing deaths. Nobody would come to Thailand if they did.

No doubt being posted by someone who has locked himsleft in his apartment/house since April 12th.

You are wrong. I live in a house in a big village where people do not throw Ice buckets of water and have powerful water guns. It is very civilised with people showing respect. It is outside the village that the crazies are.

To my surprise, there were numerous stabbings, shootings and sex attacks, all in the same day !

These incidents rarely make the National papers, because they happen almost everyday.

Every incident including violence, normally gets reported on TV, and some people on here are oblivious to the fact that it happens almost everywhere worldwide.

The thread is regarding violence in Thailand during Songkran which statistics are consistently shown that more deaths occur on the roads and off. Many are drink related. Please don't try and justify it with the fact violence happens n your birth country. Shameful.

Reply to Alwyn

I don't live there, but I know Songkran can last for NINE days in Pattaya.

FYI. http://songkranday.com/songkran-2016-dates-when-is-songkran-2016/ Three days.

You are wrong. I live in a house in a big village where people do not throw Ice buckets of water and have powerful water guns. It is very civilised with people showing respect. It is outside the village that the crazies are.

I was referring to Roomuck, not to you my friend. Edited by Rayk

The thread is regarding violence in Thailand during Songkran which statistics are consistently shown that more deaths occur on the roads and off. Many are drink related. Please don't try and justify it with the fact violence happens n your birth country. Shameful.

I don't know where you get shameful from, but I found it rather hilarious !

Comparing crimes here, with other countries, happens in many topics on TV.

Yes, old Songkran, before it got as lopsided as your photo editing:

post-80674-0-34602000-1460622777_thumb.j

Edited by Enoon

I just feel like punching people who throw dirty water at me.

Why just "feel like it"? Why not just do it?

Nice old photos -- looks like they're having fun.

I couldn't help but notice that nobody in any of the pictures is fat or even overweight. Taken before the Thai love for fried and processed food took hold here (like pretty much everywhere).

l like the old Dodge 4x4(30 cwt, l think).