Serious accident in Bangkok leaves 'many dead and many injured'

webfact

Serious accident in Bangkok leaves 'many dead and many injured'

bkk.jpg
Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A serious accident left "many dead and many injured" when a Honda Jazz crashed in the early hours of Thursday morning opposite Klong Prem prison, Daily News reports.

The car mounted the footpath on Ngam Wong Wan Road inbound towards Viphavadi Road in northern Bangkok, radio news reported.

It ended up in waste ground overturned opposite the prison

No further details were available.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-14

Yesterday, the first day of songkran I saw teenagers ripping around on motorbikes like there was no tomorrow...and for some there won't be. Some of these kids need a good throttling but when society says go out and have fun and go crazy...what do you expect a teenager to do ?

Many lives lost with a Honda jazz? maybe it was a clown's car... it would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.....

no we can all see where those horrendous fatalities numbers in each Songkran comes from.....

Many lives lost with a Honda jazz? maybe it was a clown's car... it would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.....

no we can all see where those horrendous fatalities numbers in each Songkran comes from.....

The article in "Daily News" is speaking about 10 deaths.

The Honda Jazz would have struck kids in the footpath before ending in the ditch.

RIP to the kids

Judging by the look of the wreckage, the Honda was doing a least 50 kph , what the Thai young and not so young fail to understand that the people left behind suffer, think, no-one wants to be at a Temple next Tuesday, you can have your fun , but not in a vehicle ,try a fun park or something, Think.......................................coffee1.gif

The Honda Jazz would have struck kids in the footpath before ending in the ditch.

RIP to the kids

"........a Honda Jazz crashed in the early hours of Thursday morning........."

".........kids in the footpath..........." Is that likely at that time of the night?

I like this country in so many ways..............but true to ranting old farts brigade on TV...............

Why oh why the need for a photo of the partially clothed injured or dying on a trolley in the national press?

Are Thais totally devoid of the concept of basic dignity and affording some common concern and respect to people who are at their lowest ebb and in an atrocious situation.

Do they not understand or believe a news article without graphic photos? and do accident victims give up all basic human rights.?

Sometimes the moronic ghoul element of society is astonishing along with their total hypocritical bleetings.

Outrage at a freely given underboob selfie on Facebook..................but no problem showing photos of victims of carnage without their permission in the national press on a daily basis.

Thainess .................don't you just adore it ? ok rant over, time for a chill pill.

/

RIP to the kids

"........a Honda Jazz crashed in the early hours of Thursday morning........."

".........kids in the footpath..........." Is that likely at that time of the night?

Define "early"? Means different things to different people. Anytime before shopping malls open? Who knows.

Condolences to family and friends of those killed. Hope those injured have a speedy and total recovery.

Another sad incident NOT meaningfully addressed by authorities. Talk about drivers not learning - authorities are not learning either! coffee1.gif

Edited by lvr181

I am currently at a wat waiting for the bodies of my niece and her 11 year old daughter who were killed in this accident. The reporting is pretty spot on. The only shoddy thing are the stupid replies here.

Edited by rwill

According to the Daily News article there were 10 passengers in the car, 4 of whom died leaving 6 injured. No mention made of pedestrians involved.
The accident was reported to the police at 03.47 so presumably happened shortly before then.

I am currently at a wat waiting for the bodies of my niece and her 11 year old daughter who were killed in this accident. The reporting is pretty spot on. The only shoddy thing are the stupid replies here.

My sincere condolences to you and your loved ones.

That begs the question, how many Thai can you fit in a Honda Jazz? Obviously 2x many! I get the feeling that this headline is a bit exaggerated.

A long time ago in England I remember my wife being one of 8 crammed into one of the original Minis, after leaving a club after midnight. Mr plod was not impressed and made 4 get out of the car to wait for it to come back after delivering the others. It was mid winter and freezing cold.

According to the Daily News article there were 10 passengers in the car, 4 of whom died leaving 6 injured. No mention made of pedestrians involved.

The accident was reported to the police at 03.47 so presumably happened shortly before then.

For those that want to know. All involved were in the vehicle. They had folded down the rear seats and crammed into the rear seat/trunk space. Four of them died at the scene, our niece and grand niece included. One more died at the hospital. The police told my brother-in-law that the driver was not intoxicated.

For those that want to know. All involved were in the vehicle. They had folded down the rear seats and crammed into the rear seat/trunk space. Four of them died at the scene, our niece and grand niece included. One more died at the hospital. The police told my brother-in-law that the driver was not intoxicated.

Sorry for your loss rwill.

Judging by the look of the wreckage, the Honda was doing a least 50 kph , what the Thai young and not so young fail to understand that the people left behind suffer, think, no-one wants to be at a Temple next Tuesday, you can have your fun , but not in a vehicle ,try a fun park or something, Think.......................................coffee1.gif

50 kph? 35 miles an hour? I very much doubt that much damage would be done at that speed.

Perhaps even 80 kph (or 50 miles an hour) would cause that damage.

I'm sure you meant to type 150 kph, (95 mph) didn't you?

So, apparently there were TEN crammed into a car meant for 4, maybe 5.

And the driver wasn't intoxicated, but probably couldn't handle a car which would be so unstable with 10 people crammed into such a small space, who were probably wriggling around trying to find somewhere to park their backsides too.

Madness rules on Thai roads.

So 9 idiots get in a car with an even more stupid driver and endanger not only themselves but also all others who innocently happen to be in their path as they blast around the streets of Bangkok at illegal speeds (surely by the crash photos) and we commentators on the reported incident are the stupid ones ?

I think not.

I lost my other half to a drunken driver a long time ago who sadly did not kill himself. I hope in this incident the only dead and injured are those who stupidly set out on that path and that no bystanders are involved.

Perhaps the families of those who sadly dies will not follow in their footsteps. However, knowing Thai ways, I sincerely doubt it.