problem with channel 3HD.

meatboy

is anybody having a problem with 3HD. on the psi sat dish.its become unwatchable and the mrs.is becomeing unbareable.

i have a true dish[ku] upstairs and the picture is perfect.

the wife did phone channel 3 and they told her yes they are having problems.

so we find that hard to swallow as the psi sat dish picks up all the rest with no trouble at all.this has only happened the past week.

can anybody shed any light on this please.

meatboy [korat]

Actually have been having issues for a week on C-Band GMMZ box but was working on PSI yesterday when not working on GMMZ - but has also been bad on PSI at other times. Normally it gets back to working for the evening soap but if not there are issues. True are due to change there DTV channels to 1-36 to normal channel numbers on the 25th so hope all is not lost. biggrin.png

Edit: Believe couple of days ago both the 3HD and 3SD channels were bad at the same time so suspect they have an uplink issue.

Edited by lopburi3

my true dish [ch.3] is fine,i have 2 gmmz.boxes on the psi.dish and its not working at all.

at times,its blank,distorted sound,frozen picture and breaking up.

i dont think its anything to do with psi,it could be GMMZ BOXES.

i would bet that CTH on KU BAND have no problems.

No problem with channel 3 on C band that we have noticed...but we (the Thai wife and I) are big channel surfers...finding it hard to find a show that keeps our interest that long.

Keep in mind that the satellite transponders for C and KU bands are completely different.

And I expect the ground stations shoot separate C and KU band frequencies up to the satellite for relay back down using separate transmitters.

So, C band can act up while KU band is fine...and vice versa....all depends on which uplink and downlink transponders/transmitters are possibly acting up.

Ch 3 has 3 stations - family, SD and HD - the issue is mostly on the HD channel on the C-band transponder - I have the issue using any GMMZ HD tuner or the PSI HD tuner. Right now 3HD is fine but it is a national broadcast rather than from Chanel 3.

Ch 3 has 3 stations - family, SD and HD - the issue is mostly on the HD channel on the C-band transponder - I have the issue using any GMMZ HD tuner or the PSI HD tuner. Right now 3HD is fine but it is a national broadcast rather than from Chanel 3.

3SD and family are ok.but still nothing on 3HD.

something seems to be going on as,PBS HAS GONE THE SAME WAY.

Ch3 HD is fine on GMMZ box at this time - appears to be a much stronger signal from Sat than normal for that station but did not turn box off so do not believe transponder has changed.

ours no change.

Just checked on the PSI box and ch33 is good (but quality does not appear to be HD) - no breakup as previously. Wife using Workpoint now on the GMMZ so can not compare.

Edit: wife changed to ch33 on GMMZ and have breakup again.

Edited by lopburi3

This is about C-band satellite reception of Ch3 HD. DTV and Ku-band do not appear to be affected.

For your Ch 7 problem perhaps adjustment of antenna might improve reception at night.

Edited by lopburi3