Nightclub owner 'jumps to death' in middle of five star hotel lobby in Bangkok

webfact

Don't start the conspiracy theories when it is clear you know nothing about this incident. The person "who did it" was the victim, he arrived alone, went to the 12th floor alone and jumped, alone

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for conspiracy theorists to me.... After all.... If all the facts were known, vs alleged or assumed, then perhaps you would be right

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully he landed on no one...

Unfortunately, one day it will happen sad.png

That's why in Europe or Japan they would have nets ..

In malls like the MBK the railing at the escalators is also very low, i'm surprised people don't fall off them often.

That's right, I may be abnormally tall but the damn thing barely comes over my knee, and being afraid of heights I am terrified to go on those things, I somehow doubt this short conversation is going to help that matter though, it's making me feel sick now and I am sitting by the pool!

Well if we never mention it things will never change. A Thai has no idea what it is to be a tall farang. Those railings are low and scary if you stand on the escalator from the 6 th floor or so. The railings are too low or don't exist at all.

Looks more like the Swissotel to me, it has enough floors and big pillars outside.

No cookie for you Ray. Everyone' s guess at Emerald Hotel.clap2.gifthumbsup.gif Close to Nataree & Emmanuelle's entertainment emporiums.

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.77521,100.57327,19z/data=!3m1!1e3

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.77529,100.57354,18z/data=!3m1!1e3

Edited by ratcatcher

This place should be renamed Land of Suicides

Try actually getting some facts before posting. Thailand's suicide rate is not that high compared to many other countries ... especially compared to Korea and Japan ... and less than Germany, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Australia, Norway, Singapore, and many more.

There are security cams at every corner of these hotels, we will soon see him jum on his own or the tapes will just disappear... But nowadays there are drugs with which you can just suggest to somebody to go there and jump, and he does... So really we can never know is my verdict.

Who cares what hotel it was?

The guy was obviously seriously distressed and wanted to die, sad, RIP

What's the readers obsession with what hotel it was?

"What's the readers obsession with what hotel it was?"

Not obsession, more curiosity. There was no reason to withhold the name of the hotel as it is easy to discover.

There are security cams at every corner of these hotels, we will soon see him jum on his own or the tapes will just disappear... But nowadays there are drugs with which you can just suggest to somebody to go there and jump, and he does... So really we can never know is my verdict.

I bet you can't name one of those supposed drugs, nor provide a reference for information.

Why at this hotel?

Any link/conflict between interests of this hotel and his nightclub?

He jumped out of the Taxi, rushed in? to where? a room?, ok assume a room -- went straight past check in???, then entered a room, no went to 12th floor took of shoes, forced open window then jumped.

Maybe he was in a hurry to an urgent meeting, when he got there he took off his shoes as of tradition, then because no one turned up he got depressed and jumped.

maybe we will never know, I hope his empire is well taken care off. wai2.gif

Why in the world would the name of the hotel not be given. Is it fear that the hotel would lose that famous Thai face?

5* hotel in Naklua area of Pattaya. Owner, who also the owner of a big shopping mall, pays the police so that no jumpers are ever reported from his hotel.

Cannot have a high class hotel having suicides coming from there!!!!

Try actually getting some facts before posting. Thailand's suicide rate is not that high compared to many other countries ... especially compared to Korea and Japan ... and less than Germany, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Australia, Norway, Singapore, and many more.

f you took away europeans from LOS's suicide figures then it would be very low.

Why in the world would the name of the hotel not be given. Is it fear that the hotel would lose that famous Thai face?

Perhaps because it might provide other suicidals with a road map? As in a good place to take a jump? In the West the press generally ignores suicides entirely and do not publish anything out of fear it might 'invite' others to do the same.

Most likely the Emerald Hotel.

Anyway, extremely callous and selfish to make a public spectacle of a suicide. Jumping off a crowded building might feed the ego's lust for immortal notoriety, but it needlessly endangers the lives of people below.

If he was rich , why kill himself ? In Thailand money is everything.

Money can buy you most things, but it doesn't always buy you happiness.

And plenty of Thais are "rich" on borrowed money. When the facade crumbles and debts are called in, the loss of face is too much to bear for these immature folk, resulting in the easiest way out: suicide

Poor choice of venue for a jump, he could easily have killed someone by falling on an innocent hotel guest.

Rip just the same.

More details will follow soon, if not here then in the Thai press.

Perhaps terminnaly ill or heavy gambling debts caused him to take a dive, who knows?

Gosh it must be really low then. If we deduct all the "suicides" that are considered by our resident TVF gumshoes to actually be murders, it must be almost in negative figures. I suppose it would be in bad taste to do a 555 here. Better add the obligatory RIP which in this case is probably actually appropriate for the poor unhappy guy. I guess there are much worse (slow-painful) ways to actually die but all more than a bit un-nerving on the unfortunate guests/witnesses. But better than suicide by vehicle and taking others with you.

Why at this hotel?

He jumped out of the Taxi, rushed in? to where? a room?, ok assume a room -- went straight past check in???, then entered a room, no went to 12th floor took of shoes, forced open window then jumped.

Maybe he was in a hurry to an urgent meeting, when he got there he took off his shoes as of tradition, then because no one turned up he got depressed and jumped.

..... forced open window then jumped...."

There was no window. He did not jump out of a window but jumped from inside the hotel from the 12th floor, landing in the lobby area. The headline gives that much away.

Why at this hotel?

Why this hotel? Because he didn't need a room. Just went up to the 12th floor, found the atrium railing, off with the shoes (for some reason) and bingo. Needing to swipe your room key to get the lifts to work would stop some of them but I guess you can always just wait for a guest with a key fob. Imagine the conversation on the way up....... "Nice day for it, don't you think? What have you got planned for the day?

Edited by The Deerhunter

That's why in Europe or Japan they would have nets ..

In malls like the MBK the railing at the escalators is also very low, i'm surprised people don't fall off them often.

Yes that is a major design safety issue, the central mall at pra-ram9 is real bad as escalator rails very low & clean drop from most points & I had visions of people fall when observing push & shove or miss-footing that happens at times on these escalators ...

Often when one of these folks takes the leap there is impact splatter or they hit things on the way down splattering and spraying until they make final impact. They have no concern for the poor cleaners who have to deal with the mess.

I bet you can't name one of those supposed drugs, nor provide a reference for information.

everyone knows the name of that ; the Jason Bourne pill