British tourist found dead in Phuket hotel pool

webfact

British tourist found dead in Phuket hotel pool
Darawan Naknakhon

1460614607_1-org.jpg
Mr Anning, from Bognor Regis in West Sussex, was pulled unconscious from the resort swimming pool. Photo: Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: -- A British tourist has died after his daughter found him floating unconscious at their Phuket hotel swimming pool in Karon yesterday (Apr 13).

The man was identified as Brian Anning, 72, from Bognor Regis in West Sussex.

Mr Anning’s daughter, Ms Janet Stroud, told police that she and her father arrived on Phuket on Tuesday (Apr 12) and were set to depart on April 26.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/british-tourist-found-dead-in-phuket-hotel-pool-57026.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-04-14

It seems more than likely that this poor man died from natural causes, but having read the full article - I do wish the police would keep their mouth shut when it comes to identifying the cause of death in non-suspicious circumstances like these.

“Apparently he had been using insulin for a long time,” Capt Chatree said.

“He may have suffered a diabetic shock while in the pool, which may have caused or contributed to his death,” Capt Chatree suggested.

Far better to leave it to the coroner to give his opinion as to the cause of death.

It seems more than likely that this poor man died from natural causes, but having read the full article - I do wish the police would keep their mouth shut when it comes to identifying the cause of death in non-suspicious circumstances like these.

“He may have suffered a diabetic shock while in the pool, which may have caused or contributed to his death,” Capt Chatree suggested.

Far better to leave it to the coroner to give his opinion as to the cause of death.

Do tell please !

Where is

1. The Coroners office
  2. The Coroners Court

To be found? (on Phuket or in anywhere in Thailand)

Who is the local Coroner ?

Do tell please !

Where is

• The Coroners office
  • The Coroners Court

Surat thani.

Do tell please !

Where is

1. The Coroners office
  2. The Coroners Court

My mistake. I was referring to the qualified people who carry out a post mortem - and called them a coroner rather than whatever is the correct title.

RIP old fella... however, everything else being equal, assuming it was natural causes... dying while probably doing something he enjoyed, in one of the more lovely places on the planet... in the somewhat company of loved ones, not the worst way to go when one has to... just speculating, maybe it was his farewell trip...

Edited by dopenhagen

This poor guy only enjoyed a brief time in Thailand this trip

before he died, and that is a total shame. RIP.

Life is generally like that. Too bad that he was not able to enjoy

most of his vacation, then expire on the last day or two.

I hope this was not his first trip to Thailand LOS.

Geezer