Two boys killed as pick-up flips and rolls in Petchabun

webfact

Two boys killed as pick-up flips and rolls in Petchabun

pet.jpg
Image: Daily News

PETCHABUN: -- A pick up flipped and rolled many times in Petchabun as two teenage boys on their way to celebrate Songkran were killed.

Nine people wre also hospitalised including the driver who is on life support, Daily News reports

The accident happened as the Toyota Vigo was travelling along the Chaiyaphum - Nakorn Sawan Road at kilometer 117. As it approached some lights the driver lost control and it rolled hitting a drainage pipe at a construction site before coming to rest outside a second hand car dealership.

Driver Jakraphan Sopha, 24, was taking a group of youths and young men aged 13-24 on a Songkran outing. The dead boys were not named and charges are pending further investigations as the injured recover in hospital.

The driver could not give evidence as he is unconscious on life support systems.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-15

Unless he was doing ridiculous speed, which he probably was

Its a little disconcerting, thought the cabin on one of those things would hold up better

Not a vigo, but the wife has a toyota very similar to that one

somebody posted it on facebook yesterday,the vehicle was swerving all over the road which was clear,it must have been going at ridiculous speed to flip over and after hitting a post or something on the drivers right it then bounced to the other side of the road doing another flip and landing on one of the passengers.

isnt time they banned all pick ups from carrying people.they are work trucks not suitable for people.

FRIGHTNING

looked to me they had already been celebrating.

wife thinks this might have been a different one.

Edited by meatboy

Unless he was doing ridiculous speed, which he probably was

Its a little disconcerting, thought the cabin on one of those things would hold up better

Not a vigo, but the wife has a toyota very similar to that one

I think it's pretty clear from the state of that vehicle that it was travelling at a very high speed.

I know it's a case of giving a dog a bad name but look at the ages of those involved, 13 - 24, and it's hard to believe the driver was carefully obeying all the traffic laws.

What makes you think that the driver knew any traffic laws?

SORT OF TELLS YA SOMETHING EH???------- This really is way beyond time that something was done about pick up passengers---- but of course nothing will be and thousands will continue to die in the back,and to be fair even the people travelling in the back do not seem to worry too much either,only ones like these above who have had a narrow escape-------- Even then I would suggest 'maybe'

Every time I see kids in the ben of a pick up it gets me mad, this country simply does not care about life !!!

Of course people care: My brother in law asks his spoilt brat to ''sit nicely'' when the car is moving. :rolleyes: I said, ''Let him stand and bounce around, if we crash he goes flying anyway since he's not wearing a seatbelt'' Angry silence followed :(

It is illegal to carry people in the back of a pick up in Thailand. Same as it is illegal to not wear a helmet when riding a motorbike.

No, it's not illegal to carry people in the back. Well, according to the TV lawyer, it isn't.

pathetic try this one

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1EaKyAVXCtMHbrx8ldYnsSuul4EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuiCrqds9i8S3pRzoTyuIWvcQE

petchabun 29 dead. 15 april 2016

khonkaen to chiang mai bus

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/606294

cant see why so many deaths but by my translation thats what it says

that road from west from khonkaen kills so many people. have vowed never to go on it. sleeper train via bkk is better alternative.

Edited by fatdog 702 inches

ROAD accidents in Thailand during the Songkran new year festival has claimed 259 lives and left another 2,378 injured over the last four days. "Another paper' noted that the death toll in the fourth day of the festival’s “seven dangerous days” was up 36% from 2015.

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/04/thailand-road-deaths-at-259-lives-on-fourth-day-of-songkran-festival/

I have seen many car accidents in my life, cars pancaked flat, engines pushed all the way back into the trunk, etc., but never have I heard of so many flips and rolls as I have in Thailand. I can imagine some taller SUVs with shorter wheel bases being a bit prone to flipping and rolling, but I didn't think so many modern cars were prone to rolling, or are they? Or are these high speed cornering accidents that maybe involve striking small undersized jersey barriers that get under the car and help give it a lift up?

pathetic try this one

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1EaKyAVXCtMHbrx8ldYnsSuul4EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuiCrqds9i8S3pRzoTyuIWvcQE

petchabun 29 dead. 15 april 2016

khonkaen to chiang mai bus

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/606294

cant see why so many deaths but by my translation thats what it says

that road from west from khonkaen kills so many people. have vowed never to go on it. sleeper train via bkk is better alternative.

Don't know for sure Fatdog but this could be referring to the accident that occurred on the same road last year where the bus went over the canyon. I will get my wife to confirm. It doesn't look that serious.

i would guess his first statement would BE,TOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY FOREIGNER'S on the roads that dont know the THAI WAY OF DRIVING.