Chiang Mai And Samkampaeng Eating.

ricksha92

Looking for good but cheap places to go for good Thai food in Chiang Mai and Samkampaeng. Do they still have those all you can eat for 90B places aroung Chiang Mai? Also loking for info on good street food.

Thanks in advance.

There is a great vegetarian restaurant at Soi 4, Niemenhammen - forgotten the name but they do a lunch buffet that is 60-70baht and really really good.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm betting the buffet place you speak of was a hmu kataa house - up to 500 tables, each with it's own grill n soup terrine combo over red hot coals right ? THey have a buffet of items you take raw back to your table n cook yourself. Somewhere between sukiyaki and just plain yaki, or Korean BBQ. There's one easy to get to right across from the Si Phum corner of the moat in CM. THat's the NE corner. You can't miss it. The name escapes me right now - I think it's 'Chumphae'.

You can find some great street cart dining in the day and PM in Warorot market off Chang Moi on the East side of the moat and very close to the Ping River. In the day across from the 7-11 there's always someone selling huge grilled river prawns and chili sauce for cheap. So good !

Have fun.