Driving range in Pattaya

SeniorNice

Several.

Greenway on Sukh opposite side from the Underwater world.

Diana Range near the Bus station on Pattaya Nua. Directly behind Makro on Nua.

Boutique on Siam Country road.

Pattaya Driving Range 3rd road North end.

There are others but these I have visited recently.

Here are my own personal star rating on the balls out of 5 and range .......

Greenway 2 star balls and 30% of the mats past it. 200 yds max

Diana range 3.5 star on balls mats all OK 180 yds max

Pattaya 2 star balls poor mats 150 yds max.

Boutique 4 star balls mats all good and best lay out and 300 yds. By the way you have to ask for decent balls - they have practice balls that they are keen to hand out that feel like they are made of chalk and go no distance.

if you google you will get all the details but not what I have said above...basically all the balls have been hammered to hell and so have most of the mats.

Some balls are so old they are Ballata balls from the 80's.....!!!

Then, again if you weigh it up against the cost of a range in the UK - you are hitting mostly at 1 baht a ball.

Edited by lonewolf99

Thanks for your reply & info. I'll give them a look

The best driving range locally, in my view, is that at the Pattaya Country Club. I know it's out of town but the mats are the nearest thing I've come across to real grass and they also have marking to show swing lines, parallel stance etc. Bit out of town I grant you.

Several.

Greenway on Sukh opposite side from the Underwater world.

Diana Range near the Bus station on Pattaya Nua. Directly behind Makro on Nua.

Boutique on Siam Country road.

Pattaya Driving Range 3rd road North end.

There are others but these I have visited recently.

Here are my own personal star rating on the balls out of 5 and range .......

Greenway 2 star balls and 30% of the mats past it. 200 yds max

Diana range 3.5 star on balls mats all OK 180 yds max

Pattaya 2 star balls poor mats 150 yds max.

Boutique 4 star balls mats all good and best lay out and 300 yds. By the way you have to ask for decent balls - they have practice balls that they are keen to hand out that feel like they are made of chalk and go no distance.

if you google you will get all the details but not what I have said above...basically all the balls have been hammered to hell and so have most of the mats.

Some balls are so old they are Ballata balls from the 80's.....!!!

Then, again if you weigh it up against the cost of a range in the UK - you are hitting mostly at 1 baht a ball.

Pattaya Driving range - you say 150 yards max? Markers say 200 yards plus high fence which is fine for hitting longer clubs. We are not all pros.......wink.png

PSC rate there is 45 baht for tray of 40 balls (I think 50 baht without PSC card?). Also has a small but slopey putting/pitching area.

Greenways is 35 baht per tray - TPR golf academy based upstairs there and there is also a very poorly maintained chipping area.

I have also heard there is a range called Long Driving range or similar going east past Greenways over the railway road which is meant to be ok but I have never tried it.

Apologies - Pattaya range 200 ?

I did not mention the Long Driving range - 3 reasons...the worst balls I have ever seen - some split almost in half.

The range is full of concrete blocks and long grass - must have had plans for a housing development that failed at one time ?

Also - too difficult to explain how to get there...if things have changed in the last 18 months since I gave it a try I would be surprised.

We have a driving range in Udon.It is used mainly by teenagers.It's not for the good condition cars or highly polished ones,just mainly old pick ups and clapped out saloons on their last legs,and you have to be careful you don't have an accident.Most of the accidents I see almost look like they are done on purpose------- no kiddingcheesy.gif

Apologies - Pattaya range 200 ?

I did not mention the Long Driving range - 3 reasons...the worst balls I have ever seen - some split almost in half.

The range is full of concrete blocks and long grass - must have had plans for a housing development that failed at one time ?

Also - too difficult to explain how to get there...if things have changed in the last 18 months since I gave it a try I would be surprised.

Long driving range must have changed a lot. The balls are far better than Greenway, or any of the ones in town.

To the OP there is also a range on Soi Siam Country, go over the railway and it is further down on the left. Both that one and Long Driving range are probably the best ones available.

Eastern Star in Ban Chang let's you hit off the grass after 4:00 PM

TH

Gees, and there was me thinking the driving ranges were places for Thais to learn how to drive on, cars I mean.

Too flat, not enough room. Today, quite entertained by a pickup driver who couldn't get up a small ramp at Big C in Chiang Rai - stalled at least half a dozen times and rolled back. Doesn't anyone teach handbrake starts in Thailand?

Eastern Star in Ban Chang let's you hit off the grass after 4:00 PM

TH

Gees, and there was me thinking the driving ranges were places for Thais to learn how to drive on, cars I mean.

Too flat, not enough room. Today, quite entertained by a pickup driver who couldn't get up a small ramp at Big C in Chiang Rai - stalled at least half a dozen times and rolled back. Doesn't anyone teach handbrake starts in Thailand?

What would be the point, how many trucks and cars in Thailand have handbrakes that work?