Belgium’s transport minister quits amid accusations over Brussels Airport security

rooster59

Belgium’s transport minister quits amid accusations over Brussels Airport security

By Joanna Gill

post-247607-0-08951100-1460758468_thumb.

Belgium’s Transport Minister has resigned amid a row over airport security. Jacqueline Galant quit over claims she neglected EU reports that highlight safety failings at the site, which was the target of ISIL-inspired suicide bombers on March 22.

Pressure had grown for Galant to step aside after leaked European Commission reports showed the EU had repeatedly warned of security shortcomings at Belgian airports.

At a press conference to announce her resignation she rejected claims.

“The suggestion that I have been lax and not paid enough attention to security issues is deeply hurtful. In fact, if there is one area where I’ve always been careful, it’s this one.”

She was contradicted by Laurent Ledoux, chief civil servant at Belgium’s transport ministry, who claimed he had alerted Galant about the security failings, but was unable to secure additional funding to correct them.

Belgium’s Palais Royal confirmed the resignation in a brief statement.

The suicide bombings on March 22 killed 16 people at the airport and 16 at Maelbeek metro station, another 300 were injured.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-04-16

For their own complacency to terriorist threats Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel, Interior Minister Jan Jambon and Justice Minister Koen Geens should also resign.

In fact Jan and Koen offered their resignations but Charles refused. Perhaps its time for a no confidence vote and reorganize the whole government leadership before more attacks occur.

Might be an ideal time to ask the security consultants at Brussels airport as to why or how this rcent attack was allowed to happen.

The aviation and general security services firm I.C.T.S. handled security at Brussels airport, their track record is not without fault either..

What is something of a mystery is why the reputed top security experts in the world and leading covert operators allowed these situations to develop.

Might there have been and still be a vested interest at work to stoke the fires of discontent in certain parts of the world?

http://www.sott.net/article/315080-Former-Israeli-Intel-Operatives-Run-Security-at-Brussels-Airport

Might be an ideal time to ask the security consultants at Brussels airport as to why or how this rcent attack was allowed to happen.

The aviation and general security services firm I.C.T.S. handled security at Brussels airport, their track record is not without fault either..

What is something of a mystery is why the reputed top security experts in the world and leading covert operators allowed these situations to develop.

Might there have been and still be a vested interest at work to stoke the fires of discontent in certain parts of the world?

http://www.sott.net/article/315080-Former-Israeli-Intel-Operatives-Run-Security-at-Brussels-Airport

Anything possible and is not of a surprise these days, especially after 9-11. It took 2 years to get a government, please !!

Bunch of incompetent a-holes made Belgium one of the un-safest places in the EU at the moment.

Made me skip a visit to Antwerp I planned months ago, as I am currently on holiday in Europe, wanted to show the Thai missus the Jewish neighborhood, the diamond trade etc. etc.

Not really a good idea now, is it ?

Like for example during transport of extradited terrorist Abdeslam, in broad daylight, he was cheered all along the way by sympathizing muslims.

How could they know what day he would go ? What time they would travel?

What route they would take exactly ? Leaks, leaks and leaks of course.

Lastly, those cheering would have been arrested rightaway and deported out of the nanny state by any reasonable thinking Government, not Belgium's however...

Bunch of incompetent a-holes made Belgium one of the un-safest places in the EU at the moment.

Made me skip a visit to Antwerp I planned months ago, as I am currently on holiday in Europe, wanted to show the Thai missus the Jewish neighborhood, the diamond trade etc. etc.

Like for example during transport of extradited terrorist Abdeslam, in broad daylight, he was cheered all along the way by sympathizing muslims.

Lastly, those cheering would have been arrested rightaway and deported out of the nanny state by any reasonable thinking Government, not Belgium's however...

mark my words, Abdeslam will be in high office in Belgium in the not too distant future. He is a hero to the fastest growing and most cohesive social sector.

Why is the transport minister alone in quitting, the whole pathetic government should step down, its time for a good stiff broom to clean up Belgium.

so what did you do instead? Take a train in Spain, go see a football match in Paris, take a subway in London, go to a disco in Bali? Come on the Sukhumvit and the highway to Suvarnabhumi is still 20 x times more dangerous.

mark my words, Abdeslam will be in high office in Belgium in the not too distant future. He is a hero to the fastest growing and most cohesive social sector.

Why is the transport minister alone in quitting, the whole pathetic government should step down, its time for a good stiff broom to clean up Belgium.

Interesting to see the outcome, indeed and I am very glad I live in Thailand nowadays, although Holland is not as bad.

However, also a nice one, our minister of the Interior in the Netherlands had received and accidentally ignored an email from NY State police officials in the beginning of March, warning him that a person on a US terror watch list was in his country. That person became one of the suicide bombers in Brussels, the minister apologized in front of Parliament, something I saw on tv when I was there for a holiday recently, and that was it, incredible !!

Dateline London on BBC World News. The weekend after the Brussels attack. The correspondents were talking about Belgium and failed state in the same sentence.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk