Deported Wolfgang Ullrich Arrested In Pattaya

george

Update:

Wolfgang Ullrich awaits deportation

BANGKOK: -- Wolfgang Ullrich - a German national who starred in a no-confidence motion against a Thai cabinet minister in 1998 - is back in Pattaya, booked into immigration jail where he is awaiting deportation, police and diplomatic sources confirmed Friday.

Ullrich, 61, was arrested on Wednesday at the house of his Thai wife Rosarin Chaisayant in Pattaya, a Thai beach resort situated 100 kilometres southeast of Bangkok.

Ullrich entered Thailand on October 21 at a border checkpoint in Sadao, Songkhla, 740 kilometres south of Bangkok, despite being on an immigration blacklist, according to Immigration Police Chief Police Lieutenant General Suwat Thamrongsriakul.

Police are checking a claim by Sadao immigration police that their computers were down at the time of Ullrich's entry, said the Bangkok Post.

Ullrich is no stranger to Thai police and politicians.

In 1998 "Wolfgang" became front page news in Thailand when an opposition politician Chalerm Yoobamrung raised his case in a no-confidence motion against former interior minister Sanan Khajornprasat, implying the minister had accepted bribes from the German entrepreneur to cancel police efforts to deport him for "mafia-like" dealings in Pattaya.

Sanan survived the no-confidence motion but all the media attention proved bad news for Ullrich, whose businesses in Pattaya then included pollution clean-up plants, condominiums and the Bavarian Restaurant.

Ullrich was finally charged in 1998 with illegally importing a yacht and served a one year jail sentence in Thailand before being deported to Germany where he faced charges of embezzling 5.4 million marks from German nationals for his fictitious animal rescue charity in Pattaya.

In 1999, Ullrich was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment by a Munich court, but was recently released on good behaviour.

"In Germany, everyone gets off on good behaviour, unless they kill the warden or something, after serving two-thirds of their sentence," said a diplomatic source in Bangkok.

--DPA 2006-11-03

well, I was going to point out a few choice Canadian-titled threads of bad boys/girls.... but after searching thread titles found there were three threads on them, but ELEVEN threads on Canadians being the VICTIMS of bad boys/girls..... so uhmm... we'll give them a pass for now...

Sambucca vs Canadians... :o

Bad boy maybe, in fact if we can believe what George report, he seems to be definitively one.

But, what about the legal action in Thailand ???????

Sanan survived the no-confidence motion but all the media attention proved bad news for Ullrich, whose businesses in Pattaya then included pollution clean-up plants, condominiums and the Bavarian Restaurant.

Ullrich was finally charged in 1998 with illegally importing a yacht and served a one year jail sentence in Thailand before being deported to Germany where he faced charges of embezzling 5.4 million marks from German nationals for his fictitious animal rescue charity in Pattaya.

I tend to read it by this way : the guy became too much important and too much know, so any excuse was used to jail him and take away his asset here. Then send back to be hanged in Germany to be sure he will not come back and claim his own ....

So the german is a bad boy, but it does not made those who took away what was once Ulrich assets actin as angel.

No tears for the guy, but certaily no hurrah for those who scammed him (and still scamm him)

I think some people are forgetting that this guy isn't a citizen of Thailand and the Thai gov't doesn't need a "legal" claim to throw him out. Countries can deny entry/deport people for virtually no reason whatsoever.

I agree completely, Mr. Ulrich was framed those days, his fault was that he was to involved in the Thai politics and had a big mouth sometimes, he hurt some big guys and that was their revenge. I rented a building from him in the Bavaria arcade, still there, which the police thought I was involved? After searching my home and restaurant, they could find anything off course and excused themselves for the inconvenience.

He was a straight guy in business, his private life, I don't know. I know also he was cleared from all wrong doing, so I don't know why he's arrested again?

The revenue department can bee seen regularly jollying around the islands on his $2,000,000 motor boat.

His boat "The Last Money" has been moored for years in Ocean Marina and has become more a shelter for shells and algae than a toy for revenue department officers .... Nobody is using that boat, at least for obvious safety reasons ...

:o

Edited by Pakwa

:D

Guys like this will make the live for normal farangs more difficult.

You can be sure that immigration officers will be even more careful now.

Because of one bad farang and one bad immigration officer!!!

Who actually told YOU he was bad. You may have been here for a while but you just signed up today ??? :o

Well wot can i say also he should of covered his tracks but been a so silly german wot can u xpect good RIDDANCE of tossers like him pattaya has enuf plums there :D:D

Cheque your spelling nickhead Ya drive me mad

:D

Guys like this will make the live for normal farangs more difficult.

You can be sure that immigration officers will be even more careful now.

Because of one bad farang and one bad immigration officer!!!

Who actually told YOU he was bad. You may have been here for a while but you just signed up today ??? :o

Well wot can i say also he should of covered his tracks but been a so silly german wot can u xpect good RIDDANCE of tossers like him pattaya has enuf plums there :D:D

I read in the Bankok post today that it is ilegal for someone who has served a jail sentance,to enter thailand is this correct?

Mr Ullrich has been arrested and possibly in a Thai Prison suffering god knows what humiliation apart from losing his money, yacht etc, if we cannot help this man at least lets not make things difficult for him by convicting him in our forum.

regards to all

Mr Ullrich has been arrested and possibly in a Thai Prison suffering god knows what humiliation apart from losing his money, yacht etc, if we cannot help this man at least lets not make things difficult for him by convicting him in our forum.

regards to all

He knew the risks of coming back here, and still chanced it so I feel no sympathy for him, I'm afraid. :o Fair enough.

If his money and his yacht came from scamming people or worse, then mibbe some hard time here before going back to Germany is his fair dues.

http://www.animalrights.net/archives/year/2003/000144.html

"Former Animal Welfare Charity Head Sentenced to 12 Years for Embezzling

Yeah... being framed by Thai authorities happens, but I rather doubt that the pattaya police has connections all the way to Germany. Not to mention that the German judicial system is not corrupt, generally speaking.

I think it realy doesn't matter if he is a "good" or "bad" guy... he obviously pissed off enough Thais that have enough power to get rid of him, and anyone that stupid shouldn't live here in the first place. I know enough people who have a lot more money than he ripped off fromt he Animal rights organization, but they don't try to stick out and show off their assets... so noone wants to have it... :D

And that "they" took his assets... well... IF they would be forced to give everything back, wouldn't it be fair to pass all of "his" assets on to the Animal Rights organization that paid for it in the first place? When someone steals a car for example, he/she doesnt get to keep it either after being conficted and having paid/sat in jail for it.

I find it hard to believe that you can afford a $2 mil yacht as a chairman of an animal right organization, not to mention the properties...

Another thing...

In germany the law is that less than 20% (don't know the exact figure, I remember 8% but that sounds to low even for me hehe) of the donated money has to be spend on the actual cause, the rest can be used for paying the expenses... I wonder why he didn't just buy all that stuff in the name of the organization in the first place... for the staff to relax or something :o

Edited by jbhh

Interesting to see wich people that also crawls out of the woodwork to proclaim that he was such a nice guy and trustworthy...if you can call anyone that has been sentenced to 12 years for fruad that. :o

Edited by TAWP