Samuijimmy's... Daily life in Thailand and what I see

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last few weeks have not been good with my  back and leg problems ...so not out as much as I would like to be...

I am also going to step down as Moderator... it's been an interesting experience ( sometimes!!!)  ... Ron has been a tremendous help... Thanks Ron!  :thumbsup:

It's just too many hours of sitting which does me in more than anything else! :sad:

I'll continue to contribute, but perhaps not quite so much at least for a while. .... will see how things go!

Thanks to all for help and support....

Jim

Cone of weeds!

k2E3392OofBCtTmA-bAv93630omsznnhxPc24UcD

Even my garden is not getting all the help it needs... it's a good thing  I got this planted last year

3sO-8WF9Sj92SUf00CnfovlkEDknpeRyUMmLn2Oe

Papaya planted last August from seed now producing... (except the one that drowned in the winter rains.... )

VqWpSC3SBBAhWFHZlB6S1WiFpWzNctiUWLyl0VOb

Samuijimmy you are an enigma !!
I continue to struggle to view your photos !!, much the pity !
I can't see any photo after #365 except for the last 3 photos ( cone of weeds etc ) which I could see yesterday but not today !!, hence I assume that the problem is my end.

For example, on the July 2017 Photography competition yours is the only photo I can't see !

Anyway, despite this problem, I still enjoy your photos and hope you continue to post for a long time to come, and when I resolve my viewing issue I will have a lot to catch up on [emoji4]

4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Samuijimmy you are an enigma !!
I continue to struggle to view your photos !!, much the pity !
I can't see any photo after #365 except for the last 3 photos ( cone of weeds etc ) which I could see yesterday but not today !!, hence I assume that the problem is my end.

For example, on the July 2017 Photography competition yours is the only photo I can't see !

Anyway, despite this problem, I still enjoy your photos and hope you continue to post for a long time to come, and when I resolve my viewing issue I will have a lot to catch up on emoji4.png

I thought all this was sorted... I checked on my Samsung phone this afternoon and not all images are showing, so not just you Andrew!  It seems to depend on Browser too I think...(?)

Ron will have to report the issue(s) again.... since I can't communicate with "the gods" anymore! :biggrin:....

Perhaps you could mention which browser you are using... it might help!

I thought all this was sorted... I checked on my Samsung phone this afternoon and not all images are showing, so not just you Andrew!  It seems to depend on Browser too I think...(?)

Ron will have to report the issue(s) again.... since I can't communicate with "the gods" anymore! :biggrin:....
Perhaps you could mention which browser you are using... it might help!

I'm on an iPhone jimmy using the TVConnect app.
I get exactly the same result on Tapatalk app ( I.e. nothing shows after #365 )

But, lo and behold !!, on Thaivisa.com on the safari browser ( iPhone standard browser ) everything shows !!

I don't use Thaivisa.com on my iPhone because it's the mobile ( celular) web version and not as easy to navigate as the apps.

So, it would appear it's a problem with the apps, or more likely the Connect app as Tapatalk just reproduces the Connect app in a slightly different format ( I think ).

Anyway, enough of my rambling, hope it helps .

Jimmy, you photos are shown via the https-pdf page in ThaiVisa, working as a proxy (for non secured http-images), and linking to the image source using your Google URL-address. Requesting the Google URL-address direct in a browser result a 404-error is shown – I have tested with Google Chrome; Internet Explorer and Opera (using VPN, i.e. a Dutch IP-address, outside of Thailand). The images must have worked when you uploaded them to ThaiVisa forum; and when stored in a cache somewhere, they will continue to show, even the original Google URL-address is not working. However, when the cache with images are cleared, and if Google still show 404-error, the image will disappear. New visitors to the page, where a cached image may not exist, cannot see the image. I believe we experienced kind of same fault some moth ago with your Google-stored images...

Well for the most part since a month or two back, there have been few reports of viewing problems.... Seems it's back to needing sorting again...

Ron is going to report the issues...we'll just have to wait and see what happens.... and hope it gets fixed properly this time.

Jim,
Before I report this, can you tell me are the ones not showing large images ie from lightroom ?
The reason I ask this is that when I click on them they go way past the 100% mark then stop, showing nothing.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

Jim,
Before I report this, can you tell me are the ones not showing large images ie from lightroom ?
The reason I ask this is that when I click on them they go way past the 100% mark then stop, showing nothing.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

Last lot of photos taken with Samsung Phone, (all on this page (26) have no Light room editing... they automatically load to Google Photos... I copy link from there and post with URL method. Same as before!

• 3 weeks later...

A few shots from today...

I have mentored this kid, now 19 since he was 10 years old... He's always been a hard worker...

Today he dug this whole area and ended up sowing seed... His one day off from his tour guide work...

Gala Apple... shooting up from seed...I not sure it will grow into a tree, but he's determined to try...

6gOSK5ykj8DwUaSCcNWrJzac88jnps4h8n8_THhN

I wish I still had the energy to dig all this!..and sow the seed!

EHOaA5B4OxI5qTniUFf05KkyzahVzw6u9_Tf7kBh

Useless dog1

i101GxHnxKyuFij8i0okaLNOCPqQGtjh6vn0bUe1

Archived