Foreigner Arrested Over A 6 Million Baht Bounced Check

george

Tourist Police arrest Korean National over a 6 Million Baht bounced check.

PATTAYA: -- A press conference now from the Tourist Police Station located in South Pattaya. On Tuesday Night acting on an arrest warrant issued by Police from Bangkok, they arrested Mr. Byoung Tai An aged 40 from The Republic of Korea.

He was arrested in a South Pattaya Karaoke Bar after an informant spotted the suspect and called the Tourist Police. He was taken back to the station where the alleged charges were read out to him. The warrant stated that in November 2001 an amount of 6 Million Baht was lent to Mr. An by the S.K. United Company for the purpose of setting up a business. In accordance with the loan agreement the amount was paid back to the company in February 2002 via a personal check issued by the accused drawn on the Bangkok Bank in Bang Na, Bangkok.

The check was returned to the sender due to insufficient funds in the account and up until now, the S.K. United Company has never received the money despite numerous requests to the accused to pay the money to them.

At the station he denied all allegations and claimed that he was not aware that the check had bounced. He will now be transferred to Bang Na Police Station in Bangkok who will process the case.

--Pattaya City News

A good job my Thai in-laws didn't try to cash in the 250,000 fake cheque I presented for the Sinsot at my wedding otherwise I may have been a run-away groom before even consumating the wedding... :o

Fortunately the wife burst their bubble before they even had a chance and although I am not condoning any illegal activities here, it's still amazing what you can do with a real Thai cheque for 25 baht and a copy of photoshop :D

Edited by Casanundra

Tourist Police arrest Korean National over a 6 Million Baht bounced check.

The warrant stated that in November 2001 an amount of 6 Million Baht was lent to Mr. An by the S.K. United Company for the purpose of setting up a business. In accordance with the loan agreement the amount was paid back to the company in February 2002 via a personal check issued by the accused drawn on the Bangkok Bank in Bang Na, Bangkok.

--Pattaya City News

A Thai company gives an unsecured loan of 6 Mill Baht (86k GBP) to a foreigner? Amongst a million questions I have is the burning one : Can someone tell me where their office is? I have a cunning business plan, guaranteed 6 million Baht profit overnight. :o