Keep the immigration overstay re-entry ban, says Phuket poll

webfact

Absolutely right; overstayers out, obey the law like most of us do.

I agree, but this new law has also locked a lot of the undesirables into Thailand.

How so ... ??

obvious they have gone underground and keeping a very low profile, they will stay here until they die or are caught (or get a fake PP/visa)

Or decide to leave Thailand and not return.

The stern Thailand immigration re-entry bans for foreigners who illegally overstay in the country has received strong support from Phukets expat community.

Unsurprising, given the many Colonel Blimps here, sitting in their gated communities and considering Phuket to be their very own little fiefdom, blissfully unaware how they are laughed at and derided for their stance on their fellow farang, all the while berating the locals for not enforcing any of the multitude of Laws on the Statute Books pertaining to the running of this country . Insane, laughably so laugh.pngcoffee1.gif

Insane, laughable .....but........legally staying....

I feel very sorry for some of you guys.. turning on anyone who "overstays," who cares, just who do they hurt to be so venomously berated by you guys. You really should find something to do, your home countries are so lucky not to have you around. Yes, I know they are breaking the "law" I suggest in some way we all do, almost every day. If you speed you are probably more dangerous than an overstayer... GROW UP.

Your spiteful venous replies will only make me laugh, and prove just how right I am.

They're losers. Failures. Mental midgets who've found someone to look down upon to avoid looking at their own pathetic lives. Seriously what kind of person thinks that an overstayer makes their own life more difficult in Thailand when they are obeying the laws?

Here's a tip for anyone that believes these new laws are a good thing. This month it's the overstayers, next month it might be you! The rules might be very different the next time you go to immigration to beg for your extension of stay.

Oh and if you work here and let the company's HR department handle your visa extension you might want to be a little concerned also. That new hire without much experience who's "taking care" of the paperwork for you, do you really think she's going worry if the expiry date on your stay is missed at immigration and you find out that you're now on overstay? Too bad for you!

Edited by Time Traveller

Bring back the quality expats...increase the financial requirements for the "retiree" to 3 million baht and get rid if the elderly economic refugee expat who contribute little to Thailand other than posting on TVF and engaging in pointless polls.

Petition the 'home' country to stop paying for their extended tax payer funded overseas holiday by only paying their 'pension' in cash. in person, to them at their local government hand out office.

Edited by Mudcrab

Malcoml

Wow! You get approached by ugly bar girls and have had 'dozens'; of overstayers pestering you for money??? To one of your lefts is an ugly bar girl to your other left is another overstayer pestering you for money.And!!! they even come to your house.How the hell do they know where you live??? You must have a neon sign on your forehead,which says 'Hit me for money,i'm a sap'

Ive never seen all these over stayers and ugly bar girls milling round these places that you say you have had.What sort of bars do you go to.Can you please tell me the names of these places so that i may experience the same thing as you have.I love over stayers and ugly bar girls.

Listen,oh misinformed one,i think the stuff you have posted here is a load of crap.I also think you are very young and have not been here too long.I think you are making this stuff up so that you can be considered by other TV OP's a contender.I have never seen the amount of Over stayers asking for money in bars,the way you say you have.And i bet most other OP'S havent either. And as for ugly bar girls,well thats your poor choice of bar.

I think you need to grow up and be here a lot longer before you start judging people.

Ive been here 16 ears and ive never had any ferang ask me for money in any bar,let alone seen them outside.But ugly bar girls,yeah,seen a few of them.

I feel very sorry for some of you guys.. turning on anyone who "overstays," who cares, just who do they hurt to be so venomously berated by you guys. You really should find something to do, your home countries are so lucky not to have you around. Yes, I know they are breaking the "law" I suggest in some way we all do, almost every day. If you speed you are probably more dangerous than an overstayer... GROW UP.

Your spiteful venous replies will only make me laugh, and prove just how right I am.

They're losers. Failures. Mental midgets who've found someone to look down upon to avoid looking at their own pathetic lives. Seriously what kind of person thinks that an overstayer makes their own life more difficult in Thailand when they are obeying the laws?

Here's a tip for anyone that believes these new laws are a good thing. This month it's the overstayers, next month it might be you! The rules might be very different the next time you go to immigration to beg for your extension of stay.

Oh and if you work here and let the company's HR department handle your visa extension you might want to be a little concerned also. That new hire without much experience who's "taking care" of the paperwork for you, do you really think she's going worry if the expiry date on your stay is missed at immigration and you find out that you're now on overstay? Too bad for you!

I am well aware that all foreigners are just guests in Thailand, and the foreigner who has lived here for 20 years and has a house, business, Thai wife and children, has no more rights here than a tourists on a 30 day visa exempt stamp.

I'm living here on tourists visas and can do everything a foreigner living here on a retirement visa can do.

That said, when you say "Seriously what kind of person thinks that an overstayer makes their own life more difficult in Thailand when they are obeying the laws?" I think you will find as more foreigners overstay, they change the laws which effects ALL foreigners.

What appears to happen is, the more they change the laws, the more that overstay, causing them to change the laws again, causing more to overstay etc, so the vicious cycle continues.

I've never overstayed, anywhere, and have always maintained my own documents.

I do take your point, and I personally do not feel a great effect upon myself from overstayers, however, I think you will find the laws have steadily got more bureaucratic and time consuming for all of us, due to overstayers.

Also, they may have raised a quick bit of revenue by changing these laws, so I agree, it's entirely possible they now turn their attention to other visa classes and raise prices and / or change requirements.

I have always said that raising the 800,000 baht to 1.5 or 2 million baht would be a great way to capitalize Thai banks during tough economic times, and it can happen with the stroke of a pen.

Edited by NamKangMan

The stern Thailand immigration re-entry bans for foreigners who illegally overstay in the country has received strong support from Phukets expat community.

Unsurprising, given the many Colonel Blimps here, sitting in their gated communities and considering Phuket to be their very own little fiefdom, blissfully unaware how they are laughed at and derided for their stance on their fellow farang, all the while berating the locals for not enforcing any of the multitude of Laws on the Statute Books pertaining to the running of this country . Insane, laughably so laugh.pngcoffee1.gif

Sounds like a bitter post from a Wannabe Colonel Blimp......but will never be.

Or perhaps just a troll post?