3 1/2 Train Between Bangkok - Pattaya : Only 40baht ?!?!?!?

Slated

slow, but scenic... price has gone up I see... paid 20 baht from Sriracha which was 7 baht cheaper than Pattaya at the time. All seats are 3rd class wooden bench seats, but it's a nice tour. Takes a roundabout way to BKK via Chachoengsao. Frequent stops and lots of students ride it who are always eager to practice their English as well as voicing their surprise at seeing farang ride it. I've taken it 3 or 4 times and never saw another farang on the whole train.

Edited by sriracha john

the bus goes as fast as taxi - it has only 1 stop on it's way. And it takes some 2h and not 3h as stated on the website.

I would double check the prices and all other info on that site you linked to - it's outdated (still talking about fares to the old airport, Don Muang)

the bus goes as fast as taxi - it has only 1 stop on it's way. And it takes some 2h and not 3h as stated on the website.

I would double check the prices and all other info on that site you linked to - it's outdated (still talking about fares to the old airport, Don Muang)

Took me 3 1/2 hours from Chonburi to Soi 20 2 days ago, driving . There's big construction goin on the motorway and Sukhumvit around Laem Chabang, you can't win on either road.

Work is apparently ahead of schedule but these projects were 10 years overdue :o

Edited by Tony Clifton

Don't know what taxi firm you use mate, but I got a number of a quicker one if you want :o it!

the Pattaya train is WAY overcrowded ... frequently no seats avail ... people standing over you the whole way etc etc

Are you sure??? Everytime I have got caught at various crossroads in East Pattaya when its passing, there looks to be about 3 people on it - and one of those is the driver. Might be different of course coming out of Bangkok.

the Pattaya train is WAY overcrowded ... frequently no seats avail ... people standing over you the whole way etc etc

Are you sure??? Everytime I have got caught at various crossroads in East Pattaya when its passing, there looks to be about 3 people on it - and one of those is the driver. Might be different of course coming out of Bangkok.

and different arriving IN Bkk