Loose flip-flop causes flip out near monument

snoop1130

Loose flip-flop causes flip out near monument
Winai Sarot

post-249866-0-26538500-1460980591_thumb.

PHUKET:-- A barefoot truck driver who flipped his vehicle near Heroines’ Monument last night said he lost control because his loose shoe got in the way when he tried to hit the brakes.

“Subin Kulmuangdoan, 31, was driving back after delivering mushrooms in Patong at about 11:50pm,” reported Capt Santichai Srimai of the Thalang Police.

“As he approached the monument, he couldn’t brake in time because his shoe was covering the brake pedal.”

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Loose-flipflop-causes-flip-near-monument/63710?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-18-04

Why are the drivers not required to use proper work shoes?? I tried to drive once in sandals and the back of my sandal would jar with the foot-mat ,I knew it was unsafe so I changed to trainers instead.No wonder there are so many accidents here.

Now if in the future when Thailand get the "Auto Drive Cars" will Thailand have a computer input built in for an automatic accident every 300 kilometers.I was just joking about this but in reality I would imagine that if they did have Auto Drive in their cars many drivers here would try to over ride the computer and the driver input of accidents will continue.My opinion

As per RAC in the UK 27% of male drivers admitted to driving in flip-flops while 22% wear nothing on their feet.

Both are legal.

Driving in bare feet in illegal in Canada for this very reason (loose shoes getting caught behind

the brake pedal) That said, many do, especially women who remove high heels. giggle.gif

As per RAC in the UK 27% of male drivers admitted to driving in flip-flops while 22% wear nothing on their feet.

Both are legal.

Driving in bare feet in illegal in Canada for this very reason (loose shoes getting caught behind

the brake pedal) That said, many do, especially women who remove high heels. giggle.gif

Not true...it is not advised, but not illegal per se.

An argument could be made that if driving barefoot contributed to an accident, the driver could be cited for careless/reckless driving.

But it is *not* illegal to drive barefoot in Canada....nor in USA.