Bye Bye Thailand

jollyman

I like Thailand and I've enjoyed my time travelling around the country and its neighbours. Don't wish to offend anyone but I wouldn't like to grow old here, so eventually I will return to the UK or a nice part of Europe, like Spain, Portugal or Italy ... or if the finances permit, a bit of both. If i had a family with young children I'd take them to the UK, for education and better long-term opportunities.

Well if some of the constant Thai bashers go home and leave this Forum ,the Forum would be much better .Dont know why the OP had to be a drama Queen about it though .

Actually I think you'll find the Thai bashers tend to be the longer term expats who know everything about Thailand but really know very little.

Those who are leaving,myself included often do so not because of a disdain or hatred of Thailand it's people culture or other aspects,we simply do so for the better of our families and personal situations.

I think that's right. Our family left about three years ago out of filial obligation and a desire to see our daughters matriculated to good universities. The wife and I will be back when the obligations are less.

I really enjoyed living in Thailand. Very easy on the brain. Don't think I went to the mailbox in 10 years of living there and I was totally unaware of the George Bush presidency for the most part. When we go back, without the girls I think we'll probably only spend 6-7 months/year total there and travel more. Good luck to you and the girl.

Edited by lannarebirth