April International Health Insurance - From France - anyone use it?

stuck

• 1 month later...

Do an internet search. By heart I think many problems with being accepted and getting a payout.

Used them for 2 years a few years back.Never claimed but the renewal had a 30% hike so dropped it after 2 nd year.They were also sneaky on the renewal as had to advise in writing around 3 months before renewal date but policy renewal advise only came about 1 month before renewal date so you got stuck for another year............

• 3 weeks later...

April do cover for Thailand it all depends which zone you select, amazingly they were one of the very few companies who would cover me in Afghanistan. I had them for two years and upon the next renewal the cost went sky high even though I had changed to be cover for Thailand only, the cost was more than the cost which previously included Afghanistan.

You can get a quote from AA insurance in Pattaya who also have a branch in Hua Hin.

Oh as previously mentioned take care with the renewal or cancelation notice period, very sneaky.

April do cover for Thailand it all depends which zone you select, amazingly they were one of the very few companies who would cover me in Afghanistan. I had them for two years and upon the next renewal the cost went sky high even though I had changed to be cover for Thailand only, the cost was more than the cost which previously included Afghanistan.

You can get a quote from AA insurance in Pattaya who also have a branch in Hua Hin.

Oh as previously mentioned take care with the renewal or cancelation notice period, very sneaky.

Yes I second that "sneaky" vote.

They demand three months notice before the annual renewal date to agree to cancel a policy, yet do not inform you what the new premium will be until a few days before, or even after the renewal date, in effect trying to lock you into a policy renewal with an unknown cost. This is not enforceable, but the fact they try to con people this way makes them a disreputable and untrustworthy company.

What they do is completely against French Insurance law, and when I cancelled with them this is what I cited as the law they were breaking:

"I refer you to article L113-15-1 of the French Insurance Code:

In the case of tacitly renewable contracts covering natural persons outside their professional capacity, the deadline for the exercise by the policyholder of his right to terminate the contract must be recalled with every premium or contribution advice note (sent to him). When said advice note is sent to him less than fifteen days prior to the deadline date, or when it is sent to him after this date, the policyholder must be informed by this advice note that he has a twenty days time-limit following the dispatch date of said advice note to terminate the renewal of the contract..(.....)

When this information was not sent to him in accordance with the provisions of the first paragraph, the policyholder can put an end to the contract, without any penalty, at any time as from the date of renewal by sending a registered letter to the insurer. The termination shall take effect on the day after the one indicated on the postmark.

The premium notice sent to me was dated 6 Dec 2011, well after the deadline for contract termination, 31 Oct 2011, and contained no notice of my right to terminate the contract within 20 days of despatch of the premium notice. I still retain this right."

I have it, never used it yet but tried at one hospital (sukhumvit hospital) and the hospital refused to call my insurance saying it wasn't allowed at their hospital. I told them many times that my insurance covers me in every hospital in the world but they didn't care at all. I went back home and called my insurance who told me to go to another hospital next time if this one don't want to accept their insurance.

I have it, never used it yet but tried at one hospital (sukhumvit hospital) and the hospital refused to call my insurance saying it wasn't allowed at their hospital. I told them many times that my insurance covers me in every hospital in the world but they didn't care at all. I went back home and called my insurance who told me to go to another hospital next time if this one don't want to accept their insurance.

That means they don't have an agreement with that hospital. In cases like that you have to contact your insurance, ask them for permission, and pay the treatment first, they will reimburse later. So yes, they could be correct that there is cover in every hospital in the world.