Honda civic 1.8EL or 1.5 turbo .

kwak250

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wiggy, did you finance it or paid cash? They are supposedly making less money on car sold for cash and therefore offering less extras, as I was told.

I put 50% down and financed the remainder.

BTW, the front and rear film is 40% although it looks a little like 60% on the receipt, and 60% on the sides. I'm still unsure about 40% on the front and back, but I have time to change my mind. I don't drive much at night, so should be OK.

The invoice shows 40% on the front screen,up to you, id ask em for 3m or any clear equiv to be safe. Is it Cristaline they have offered you ?,if so its miles more optically correct than basic 3M..Reason i comment, 3 times ive been absent, and 3 times ive had to remove the cheap crap,my own fault i know,but they slam any junk on if yer not here.Takes the edge of a new car,pidlin about weeks later.sad.png

Hi Ace, it is 3M. I have this (not crystalline) on my Focus right now and it's been fine with no blurring or anything. I don't think it's Crystalline on the Honda either.

All new cars I have bought had a free service at 1 month or 1000 km.

I have never had a Honda before and the dealer says the first service is 6 months or 10000 km - not 1 month/ 1000km

Is that correct? The book says 10000km or 6 months.

Edited by pontious

I have never had a Honda before and the dealer says the first service is 6 months or 10000 km - not 1 month/ 1000km

If that's what the book says then go for it. There's no way you can invalidate the warranty by following the book. You can always pop it in for a once over and/or a quick oil change after 1,000km if you want, but I guess you'd have to pay something. I'm not 100% sure on this though. Best ask again.

Not going out to look as its pissin down, but if its like the HRV the first free one is 1000 cliks, the first "pay for" is 10 K..Asked the Son but hes related to the Inbetweeners, thick as .... ,his Mom does it all 4 Im.gigglem.gif

Im looking for a new car for the family. Can anyone tell me if you can fit a big 2 piece stroller into the boot and have much room to spare?

The back seats don't fold down, so it might be a tight fit. The HRV might be better suited to your needs.

Im looking for a new car for the family. Can anyone tell me if you can fit a big 2 piece stroller into the boot and have much room to spare?

The back seats don't fold down, so it might be a tight fit. The HRV might be better suited to your needs.

Or the Focus. It'll beat the Civic off the lights too.

I keep seeing a Honda Rs driving around as though its just trying to annoy me.

I went to Big C and it was parked next to me when i went to leave

And as soon as we sort out a few house renovations i will be ordering hopefully in the next fortnight

I keep seeing a Honda Rs driving around as though its just trying to annoy me.

I went to Big C and it was parked next to me when i went to leave

And as soon as we sort out a few house renovations i will be ordering hopefully in the next fortnight

That's me, Kwak. I know where you live (just kidding) wink.png . Let us know when you order.

It'll beat the Civic off the lights too

And depreciate quicker than a stock market crash.

I'll be giving them a couple of years in the market as see how the focus and civic compare. The focus has an uphill battle with it's image and that debacle with its previous gearbox to overcome.

Mats,it comes with very nice mats,but beware the driver side has 2 good locks that the Car Wash folk can't figure out so the rip the bugger out less U show em..I'm hanging on for the 2 door next year,don't one why I do F/A miles here these days.Just love Honda care I guess.

After reading your post I checked the mat locks. Not there.! Wife phones dealer - answer - it came with locks but we take them out because many Thais do not like them. Wife informs them I will be back on Thursday so you can put them back in.!!!!! If only Honda Japan knew they would have a sense of humor failure. TIT

If that's what the book says then go for it. There's no way you can invalidate the warranty by following the book. You can always pop it in for a once over and/or a quick oil change after 1,000km if you want, but I guess you'd have to pay something. I'm not 100% sure on this though. Best ask again.

Went to another Honda Dealer today and spoke to the Engineer Manager - he confirms 1st service is 10,000 or 6 months whichever comes first. They inspect the Air Filter, brakes, suspension and something else -I forget The car has a "maintenance minder" in the computer and warns of an oil change needed by showing "A'' on the instrument panel There is also a 'B" that can come up with a mini menu that shows what needs attention. I hopefully get my manual in English on Thursday so I will understand it.. The computer only reports on the quality of the oil and when it should be changed not how much oil is there. You still have to use the dipstick for that.

When the oil has been changed or other work has been completed the engineer will reset the computer

Edited by pontious

• 3 weeks later...

Went to another Honda Dealer today and spoke to the Engineer Manager - he confirms 1st service is 10,000 or 6 months whichever comes first. They inspect the Air Filter, brakes, suspension and something else -I forget The car has a "maintenance minder" in the computer and warns of an oil change needed by showing "A'' on the instrument panel There is also a 'B" that can come up with a mini menu that shows what needs attention. I hopefully get my manual in English on Thursday so I will understand it.. The computer only reports on the quality of the oil and when it should be changed not how much oil is there. You still have to use the dipstick for that.

When the oil has been changed or other work has been completed the engineer will reset the computer

Is the dealer getting your English manual for you? I ordered a 1.8 last week and asked for a manual in English and was told there wasn't one. I mentioned they would have to ask for one from Honda but don't think they will. May have to contact Honda myself.

They do have them in English - I am still waiting for mine -4 weeks! Insist on one. They say this week. I will let you know.

Called my dealer on Monday for an English manual for the RS (I'm not collecting it until August) - she said it would be a week. A tad ambitious I feel, but I'll post if/when I get one. Cheers.

Edited by Wiggy

This Book Story is rubbish,no book before you get the car and the dealers just plain idle.Mine come to my house well before the vehicle.

I assume I am probably the only English speaking customer they have had so an English manual has never been asked for. I did not expect them to have one at the dealer but asked them to contact Bangkok and request one. I think they were reluctant to do that for some reason. I will ask again when the car is delivered and if no joy will ask for Honda Thailand phone number and phone myself while at the dealer and get them to speak to the dealer.

Your 2 kind That's appalling Honda Service.Have they only been open a week.

Something may have been lost in translation, maybe the sales person has contacted Honda. Decided to phone Honda Thailand about it. They will provide the English version, possibly delivered with the car. Had to give the sales persons name to them so am probably not welcome at the dealer now.

Just for interest it comes with 2 manuals - one for the car and a smaller one for the GPS. I did not check if you can get the GPS one in English but I have been using the GPS for nearly a month now and if I can use it anybody can.

• 1 month later...