Honda civic 1.8EL or 1.5 turbo .

kwak250

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first video is with an ECU reflash so not stock on that 0-100.

//edit - the 2nd video comparing the 1.5 to the FD 2.0 was good to see. Looks impressive.

It was hard to tell if the FD was 'racing' the FC, but the FC was definitely much faster than the 1.5. But those videos are from the same site so I wonder in the FC was the modified car from the first video. Either way, I don't think you would be disappointed in the 1.5 turbo.

I've just seen a dyno on my facebook for the racechip put on the 1.5 : HP 173 --> 195, TQ 216 --> 259.

Edited by DavisH

The first video is with an ECU reflash so not stock on that 0-100.

//edit - the 2nd video comparing the 1.5 to the FD 2.0 was good to see. Looks impressive.

It was hard to tell if the FD was 'racing' the FC, but the FC was definitely much faster than the 1.5. But those videos are from the same site so I wonder in the FC was the modified car from the first video. Either way, I don't think you would be disappointed in the 1.5 turbo.

I've just seen a dyno on my facebook for the racechip put on the 1.5 : HP 173 --> 195, TQ 216 --> 259.

With the racechip, 0-100 is about 7.5 seconds (80-120 on the same run was about 4 seconds !) Top speed is locked at 207km/h in stock form.

That RS turbo will be a big hit with Thai youth, fat tires, spoilers and all that crap they like to bolt on.

I like it very much too, but will keep my tractor Ranger for now. I will need new wheels in about 2-3 years time and I will check the 1.5 out for sure, don't think I want another tractor.

Edited by guzzi850m2

BP auto section today has an article about the 1.8 vs 1.5 civic. Worth a loot. 0-100 for the 1.5 is 8.6 seconds (10.4 for the 1.8 which is still not too shabby). Perhaps the previous article had a misprint.

Went to a Honda dealer yesterday to order a white RS. I could have it on Saturday they said. Okay fine. But they refused include insurance and registration costs in the price so I went to another Honda dealer. Same there but 1 month delivery time and nothing included except windows tint. What extras did you guys manage to get?

Edited by inventorinthailand

Went to a Honda dealer yesterday to order a white RS. I could have it on Saturday they said. Okay fine. But they refused include insurance and registration costs in the price so I went to another Honda dealer. Same there but 1 month delivery time and nothing included except windows tint. What extras did you guys manage to get?

We got Anti Rust, Window Covers, Tint, Metal door sills and a complete wax. Manual in English. Insurance cost was 22,000 Baht..

2000 Baht will be refunded on return of red plates.

Had it a week now and we love it.

I'm going into Honda Ekamai tomorrow with the intent of putting down a deposit on an RS. Will ask for tint, stainless exhaust ends, scuff plates, mats and insurance. I'll let you know how I get on. Ekamai quote insurance at 28,724.

Edited by Wiggy

22k Bht insurance on a RS.?.very low me thinks.

Thats what we paid - Full Honda Insurance , Breakdown cover, Any driver, Dealer only repairs..

Would you mind telling us the dealer, pontious? Sounds like a good one. Thanks.

22k Bht insurance on a RS.?.very low me thinks.

Thats what we paid - Full Honda Insurance , Breakdown cover, Any driver, Dealer only repairs..

Would you mind telling us the dealer, pontious? Sounds like a good one. Thanks.

Chonburi -the one next to Central Plaza on Route 3.

Yes that's a good deal.I got the top last 1.8.. 1mil and a bit. Honda insured @ 24 k,not free.4 doors ills ,crap free Lumina gunge film that they allowed me 6 K on against top 3 M clear stuff so I can see ok at night.So U did well.

Out of curiosity I just phoned my insurance broker - quote please for my new car? Breakdown, Dealer repairs, any driver.

Answers

How much did it cost? - 1.2 million Baht

Insurance will be for 1 Million Baht and cost Baht 21,000 !!!!

But I have not told you the engine size yet and it has a turbo attached

It is only based on amount - the cost will be Baht 21,000laugh.png

You can get all sorts of prices from a Broker for the same class. Honda don't have its own company ,it's individual dealers that lead one to think its Honda. I'm with BKK Ins ,now and it's still about 20 but I claim a lot,Dogs in Rad n new windscreens.Then again I'm well over average Klics P.A. So still happy with Honda guidance.

Okay, I will also ask for tint, exhaust ends, scuff plates and mats. Is it worth paying extra for M3 tint? What else to ask for?

I have 3M on my current car and it's great. No bubbling, and all still in place.

Mats,it comes with very nice mats,but beware the driver side has 2 good locks that the Car Wash folk can't figure out so the rip the bugger out less U show em..I'm hanging on for the 2 door next year,don't one why I do F/A miles here these days.Just love Honda care I guess.

I've just returned from Honda Sukhumvit (Ekamai) in a state of shock. I went in to put a deposit on a Civic RS Turbo and to ask for free insurance, stainless exhaust ends, mats and stainless scuff plates. I got the exhaust ends, mats (included as standard), scuff plates and 3M film. The only think I didn't get was the insurance, but she offered me 30% off (from 27,000 to 19,000 with Viriyah) and she added the following freebies without me even asking:

Boot tray

Window shades (the plastic visors at the top of the window)

500 baht worth of fuel

Free registration (worth 4,000 baht)

Wax 20 times over 5 years

Number plate frame

Anti-rust

No hesitation in putting down a deposit, obviously. Pick it up in early August as I'm taking a trip home soon, but could have had it next month.

The staff were friendly, professional and knowledgeable. I'm delighted biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I've just returned from Honda Sukhumvit (Ekamai) in a state of shock. I went in to put a deposit on a Civic RS Turbo and to ask for free insurance, stainless exhaust ends, mats and stainless scuff plates. I got the exhaust ends, mats (included as standard), scuff plates and 3M film. The only think I didn't get was the insurance, but she offered me 30% off (from 27,000 to 19,000 with Viriyah) and she added the following freebies without me even asking:

Boot tray

500 baht worth of fuel

Number plate frame

Anti-rust

No hesitation in putting down a deposit, obviously. Pick it up in early August as I'm taking a trip home soon, but could have had it next month.

The staff were friendly, professional and knowledgeable. I'm delighted biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Just made a copy of that post to hand over to my Honda dealer. biggrin.png

So asking for less = faster delivery :-) You did well though Wiggy even though you have to wait a while for it

Not necessarily, inventor wai.gif I could have had it next month with all the extras. However, I'm off to the UK for my annual pilgrimage in early July, so I couldn't see the point in taking delivery just before leaving. Plus, it gives me something to look forward to on the way back wink.png

Boot tray

500 baht worth of fuel

Number plate frame

Anti-rust

Just made a copy of that post to hand over to my Honda dealer. biggrin.png

They wont even flinch,just go to Wiggy Dealer. Area doesnt matter for service, even first free one.His deal is rare for a new RS.