Honda civic 1.8EL or 1.5 turbo .

kwak250

3 hours ago, cronus said:

I own a Honda Civic  RS Turbo. Took delivery on 24. August. One week later aircon not working, display flickering, double images on display, colors and brightness gone. Sensor warning lights coming on from all the sensors. First dealership just rebooted the system which solved the problem for one day.Went to another dealership, they tried to fix the problem for one hour with no results then said will have someone from Honda Thailand to come and check.

Upon calling Honda Thailand it was confirmed that they know about this problem and everything will be replaced, means a new aircon compressor and new display on a 2 weeks old car. If checking youtube you will see that Honda is still not able to fix the software issues.

Beside that, I am getting an average of 6.5km/l (15 liters/100km!!!) and 9.5l/km (11 liters/100km) in "ECO" mode. I do not race the car, and it is not stop and go, just average commuting including highway.

Will have them fix it and if I get any more problems will go with my lawyer and Consumer protection board of thailand and ask for a Refund!

1473508025071_resized.jpg20160905_160713.jpg

20160905_142942_resized.jpg

20160905_160812.jpg

Thanks for the info. Please keep us posted. Interesting. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 4:36 PM, Wiggy said:

Thanks for the info. Please keep us posted. Interesting. 

Car was at dealership two weeks ago and they replaced Display and Compressor and checked entire car and did a long (170km) test ride. Everything is ok since then, even fuel economy went up to around 12.5-13km/l (7.7-8.0l/100km).

On 8/24/2016 at 10:12 AM, Jitar said:
On 8/24/2016 at 8:49 AM, alanrchase said:

The only issue I have is with Bluetooth. Apparently a common problem across the Civic worldwide. Sometimes the car just stops connecting to my smartphone via BT. Have to reboot the audio and then it's OK for a while. Honda are aware, so should be a fix for it soon (I hope).

• 3 months later...

Interested to pick up a 1.5 Turbo model however can't quite commit when the 1.8 EL can take E85 at under 20 baht a liter and I'm told the 1.5 minimum f E20 at around 25 baht a liter.

The saving of around 140,000 isn't to be sneezed at either.

Ok the dual cam, dual exhaust turbo engine with 17 inch wheels is a plus if you need the extra horse power poke but with all the speed cameras popping up now - how necessary the extra oomph!

I am leaning towards the turbo for the modern engine just thinking out loud

I went for the 1.8 EL white pearl. Tested both 1.8 and 1.5 Turbo and couldn't justify the price difference...for my needs the 1.8 is more than good enough and if I want to avoid a crash, then I'll look to the left myself :)

If I was worried about mpg or km/l, then I would've bought the 1.8 Civic (or even a diesel pick-up), but I'm not, so I didn't. I love my RS Turbo, and recently averaged 19.1 km/l on a trip to Hua Hin and currently average 10.5 in the Big Mango. That's good enough for me. At the end of the day it's all personal choice. 

On 23/01/2017 at 8:33 AM, Wiggy said:

If I was worried about mpg or km/l, then I would've bought the 1.8 Civic (or even a diesel pick-up), but I'm not, so I didn't. I love my RS Turbo, and recently averaged 19.1 km/l on a trip to Hua Hin and currently average 10.5 in the Big Mango. That's good enough for me. At the end of the day it's all personal choice. 

Those figures (19.1) are beating my diesel pick up and my chipped MU7 10.5 comparable

19 hours ago, 2unique said:

Those figures (19.1) are beating my diesel pick up and my chipped MU7 10.5 comparable

Just read your reply and noticed my typo - should've been 18.1, not 19.1. Apologies. Admittedly the traffic to Hua Hin was nice and I was cruising at a steady 90kph, with ECO button on and no heavy right foot. Just seeing what it could do. I was impressed. Also, I commute at 6am/3pm in Bangkok, so get the best of the traffic.

On 1/25/2017 at 10:12 AM, Wiggy said:

Just read your reply and noticed my typo - should've been 18.1, not 19.1. Apologies. Admittedly the traffic to Hua Hin was nice and I was cruising at a steady 90kph, with ECO button on and no heavy right foot. Just seeing what it could do. I was impressed. Also, I commute at 6am/3pm in Bangkok, so get the best of the traffic.

Good figures...I would get 18-19km/l going to Ratchaburi....but that's in a swift lol. So those figures are impressive. My honda 2.0 would only get 10-12km/l on the same trip....it's a gas guzzler. 

• 4 weeks later...