PM Prayut defends his nephew's appointment as normal and legal

webfact

PM defends his nephew’s appointment as normal and legal

2-PM-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has defended the appointment of his nephew as an army officer claiming that it was done properly in accordance with legal procedure and it was a normal practice.

Speaking to reporters at the Government House, the prime minister explained that the military has two ways of staff recruitment – one is to hold an examination in which all interested individuals can apply and the other is through a selection process by a high-level committee.

He maintained that the appointment of his nephew, son of defence permanent secretary General Preecha Chan-ocha, did not contravene with the administrative procedure act which prohibits the recruitment of relatives into government services because it was a replacement for a vacancy following the retirement of an officer.

Asked about the case might be taken up for investigation by the National Anti-Corruption Commission, the prime minister said he had no problem with the probe.

The prime minister asked critics not to view the case as a family affairs because of the Chan-ocha surname saying that he might change his surname so the case should be over.

He went on saying that neither of his two daughters has wanted to follow his footstep to join the military service.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/160163

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-20

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that's the problem in a nutshell: nepotistic postings are normal and legal. coffee1.gif

And we have a PM who thinks that changing one's surname removes all familial connections... thumbsup.gif

Spot on. Corruption and nepotism are "normal" in many parts of the world, but that doesn't make them right. Here we have a PM who tries to adopt a "holier than thou" attitude in everything he says, but doesn't follow it up in what he does. And as for thinking that changing his name will change anything, one has to wonder if his speech writer is an ex-politician with a liking for drinking ear medicine.,

Yes it's normal in the world he and others like him live in and he probably can't understand why anyone would see anything wrong.

Add this to the wealth of junta members being off limits, amnesty for all involved in the coup and nothing wrong with NLA members hiring relatives and we can clearly see what this man thinks is a war on corruption and transparency in government.

Well I suppose everything is transparent, as it's all so clearly wrong.

How many family members are in positions of power within the gov and the military?

Any guesses as to which name he would change to?

giggle.gif I have a feeling the vast majority of name suggestions will be jumped on by the mods, well one anyway, because well just because.

We have two ways that we hire people, one is an examination process, and the other is a selection process by high level committee.

Hmmmm A leaked document marked secret ordering the nephew of the prime minister to be given the position.

So it seems to many people that the privileged family member neither sat an exam for the position nor a process of a high-level committee to select a candidate, but yes a secret order was given to appoint said privileged family member to the position and after a public backlash they come out with it's ok it's normal, we followed the legitimate process, but by the evidence of secret orders seems to contradicts that.

As for I'll change my name and that will fix everything,,,,,,,,,,,,, Well it seems a well known Thai beer princess came to grief after some rather disgusting comments regarding people of the north and daddy told her to change her name as if that will fix the problem also, WHAT THE???

The longer this farce continues, the deeper the hole they are digging for themselves and the quicker people will "react" in a non-approved manner.

When it all falls apart, and it will at some point, there is going to be a massive cleaning of the house within the "military".

These policies and answers that seem scripted by a 10 year old, between doing his/her homework and playing with the dog, are exactly the reason why media and other nations will question them, which then leads to someone having a tizzy fit and laying down even more policies...

In all the outrage let's not forget Chalerm Yoobamrung's sons , one of whom was charged with killing a undercover cop, while in the Army, in front of witnesses, who forgot what they saw a couple of months later at trial and is now a police firearms instructor at the RTP Academy in Bangkok

Or the other son who was given a job with the Public Health Department and was the public face of the Mr. Toilet campaign

Sorry, but lost track of son number three but am sure he is sucking at the trough somewhere

As The Who so famously said:

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

"The prime minister asked critics not to view the case as a family affairs because of the Chan-ocha surname saying that he might change his surname so the case should be over.

He went on saying that neither of his two daughters has wanted to follow his footstep to join the military service."

Sadly, power has already gone to this man's head. He thinks he can say whatever he wants without ramifications. That, and he knows nothing of the outside world.

The prime minister asked critics not to view the case as a family affairs because of the Chan-ocha surname saying that he might change his surname so the case should be over.

You need to be a skilled comedian to make statements like that clap2.gif

The guy has certainly missed his calling in stand up comedy...... or has he? is this whole PM thing his most elaborate joke yet. gigglem.gifgigglem.gif

The guy has certainly missed his calling in stand up comedy...... or has he? is this whole PM thing his most elaborate joke yet. gigglem.gifgigglem.gif

his stage name is Uncle Too and as he has publically stated before "I'm a funny guy."

In all the outrage let's not forget Chalerm Yoobamrung's sons , one of whom was charged with killing a undercover cop, while in the Army, in front of witnesses, who forgot what they saw a couple of months later at trial and is now a police firearms instructor at the RTP Academy in Bangkok

Or the other son who was given a job with the Public Health Department and was the public face of the Mr. Toilet campaign

Sorry, but lost track of son number three but am sure he is sucking at the trough somewhere

Just like yesterday

Don't get fooled again

No, no!

Meet the new boss

Same as the old boss

The mission of the coup as boldly and steadfastly stated by Prayuth was to reform matters like cronyism and nepotism; remember that?

Just like yesterday

Don't get fooled again

No, no!

Meet the new boss

Same as the old boss

Nice post but wasn't it DuNgchalerm who was the "toilet" guy.

They are all the same, Evan in so called developed countries like the usa. Look atthe Bushes. Lol.

Nothing wrong with nepotism, if I can help my family I will, wouldn't you?

Just like yesterday

Don't get fooled again

No, no!

Meet the new boss

Same as the old boss

But... but... but... Thaksin.

This post is off-topic and attempted misdirection. Not that I expect anyone will do anything about it.

More's the pity.

Archived