Mercury to continue to soar after summer storm

webfact

Mercury to continue to soar after summer storm

met.jpg

BANGKOK, 20 April 2015 (NNT) – The Meteorological Department expects the mercury to peak late this month while estimating that the rainy season this year will start in the middle of May in the southern region.

Mr Wanchai Sakudomchai, Director-General of the Meteorological Department, disclosed that the North, Northeast, East and Upper Central Plains will continue to be under the influence of a summer storm until tomorrow. He urged residents to brace for heavy rains and gusty winds, adding however that such conditions will help relieve them of the summer heat for the time being.

On the other hand, from April 25 to the end of the month, Mr Wanchai noted that temperatures will rebound to as high as 43-44 degrees Celsius as the sun will be positioned directly overhead. During the period, the country will also be exposed to a large amount of radiation from the sun.

As for the rainy season, the Director-General said it is likely to begin in the South in the third week of May. More rainfall is also forecast compared to last year, with the accompaniment of offshore storm systems, due to the La Nina phenomenon.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-20 footer_n.gif

More rainfall is also forecast compared to last year, with the accompaniment of offshore storm systems, due to the La Nina phenomenon.

Well, I'll be interested in seeing if this rainy season is really better (i.e., more rain than last year). I was not aware that we had transitioned from an El Nino to a La Nina event.

More rainfall is also forecast compared to last year, with the accompaniment of offshore storm systems, due to the La Nina phenomenon.

Well, I'll be interested in seeing if this rainy season is really better (i.e., more rain than last year). I was not aware that we had transitioned from an El Nino to a La Nina event.

It's a forecast, hasn't happend upon now this year. But if, La Nina could eventually bring more rain than asked for.

Here in southern Surin yesterday, after about 2 hours of strong winds & thunder & lightening starting about 1800, we finally got torrential rain for around 45 minutes then nice steady rain for another couple of hours. Lovely.

Just browsed the local weather for my area of the city and it says its 37°C but feels like 45°C.

What does that mean?

Is it like when its cold they say the temperature is -10°C but the wind chill factor is -20°C?

I'm confused.

Edited by tukkytuktuk