Do They Have Bottled Water In Chiang Mai?

dgoz

Just kidding, but, on my recent flight from Bangers to CM there were a group of Chinese tourists taking 6 packs of large bottles of drinking water with them.

Obviously they don't have very informed Travel Agents back in Shanghai or where-ever.

But they're not the only uninformed tourists. My father and his lady friend came to Thailand on their way to China recently and she bought some toilet paper for the trip because the travel agent in Oz said it would be a good idea!

They were doing an organised trip staying in 5 star hotels!

Are there any Travel Agents out there who play these practical jokes on some of their more naive customers? I know I would if I was a T/A. I might even become one just for the gags.Sounds like a fun job.

Does anyone in Thailand NOT travel with at least a small pack of tissue?

Every village in Thailand has bottles of drinking water for sale. As far as tissue, I'm not cultured enough for that BUT I do have a roll of toilet paper in the truck all the time. Now that I think about it, my wife calls it tissue.

Not only does Chiang Mai have bottled water, it has bottled water plants, including Aura and Wang Nam Kang to name only two. As for TP; never leave home without it.

So, if you were going to China on holidays you would pack toilet paper for the trip, in case they didnnt have it in China?

Newsflash, they have it.

Not only does Chiang Mai have bottled water, it has bottled water plants, including Aura and Wang Nam Kang to name only two. As for TP; never leave home without it.

So, if you were going to China on holidays you would pack toilet paper for the trip, in case they didnnt have it in China?

Newsflash, they have it.

Newsflash .. there MIGHT be some in the country ... but there MIGHT NOT be any at the bathroom of the gasstation your bus stops at.... have had that happen ... don't leave home without it!

With all the banana leaves about who needs toilet paper.....

WHAT ! Never heard of BOG ROLL ! :D

I take this Global Warming and saving the planet seriously and suggest if we all wiped our ersums with freshly grown bannana leaves.... just think how much paper we would all save... :D

You could also enjoy the banana at the same time..& .keeps you regular... :o

Newsflash, they have it.

Newsflash .. there MIGHT be some in the country ... but there MIGHT NOT be any at the bathroom of the gasstation your bus stops at.... have had that happen ... don't leave home without it!

Good point JD .. Ive been caught before in a public toilet with no toilet paper, no accessable water and unstopable urges ... its a very lonely place the toilet in these circumstances ... I had to sacrifice my underwear ... :o

When my aunt came to visit me in Khon Kaen recently she first emailed me to see if we had ATM machines. No auntie dear, when I return to KK after working in Bangkok all week I carry a bagload of chickens and ducks on the flight to barter with the locals......

When my aunt came to visit me in Khon Kaen recently she first emailed me to see if we had ATM machines. No auntie dear, when I return to KK after working in Bangkok all week I carry a bagload of chickens and ducks on the flight to barter with the locals......

Well ..... Thailand and Cambodia are pretty close together ... and until a year ago there were no ATM's there ...

(even in the Cap city!)

so if a bathroom runs out of toilet paper, what would you use if you didn't have your own with you? i say it's better to be safe than sorry...

Runs out of toilet paper? It's a rare thing to find a toilet that has any in the first place. Some of the superstores have a machine that for 10 baht you can buy a small package but most have none at all.

so if a bathroom runs out of toilet paper, what would you use if you didn't have your own with you? i say it's better to be safe than sorry...

Runs out of toilet paper? It's a rare thing to find a toilet that has any in the first place. Some of the superstores have a machine that for 10 baht you can buy a small package but most have none at all.

10 baht? That is a condom! the tissue is 2 baht!

10 baht? That is a condom! the tissue is 2 baht!

Well JD, Now that you mention it, you could use a condom in lieu of toilet paper! :o

Edited by Diablo Bob

Do your business and flush; scoop up the water and clean your backside; wash your hands; what's the problem?

5555 ... yeah ... in the toilet that there is no tissue ... there's gonna be clean water ... a clean bucket ... and good handsoap!

Do your business and flush; scoop up the water and clean your backside; wash your hands; what's the problem?

5555 ... yeah ... in the toilet that there is no tissue ... there's gonna be clean water ... a clean bucket ... and good handsoap!

Or if you really want to get serious about it, squat the same way the locals do and you don't need to use toilet paper. I've never thought or been inclined to ask the locals if this is true but they do teach the technique to the military as a part of jungle training and it makes sense.

Or if you really want to get serious about it, squat the same way the locals do and you don't need to use toilet paper. I've never thought or been inclined to ask the locals if this is true but they do teach the technique to the military as a part of jungle training and it makes sense.

Absolutely true...when i did my little stint is was standard pratice after taking a number one if no paper or water was available to scoop up a handfull of good old mother EARTH .and.......did the trick :D ...desert sand is softer.... :o

With all the banana leaves about who needs toilet paper.....

WHAT ! Never heard of BOG ROLL ! :D

I take this Global Warming and saving the planet seriously and suggest if we all wiped our ersums with freshly grown bannana leaves.... just think how much paper we would all save... :D

Never tried banana leaves, but, wouldn't they be a bit slippery? :o:D

Sure are a lot of the newer generation of ex-pats who can't handle a traditional Thai WC without bringing along some TP or would probably, the guys at least, not know how to correctly tie a phakamaa. And judging from this thread and some other recent threads, the ways and correct manners of usage of a traditional Thai commode remain a mystery to many on these boards. Needless to say, knowing such mysteries removes the need to travel with TP in hand. Yet trust me fellows, squatting in and of itself, without further action taken, as suggested on this thread, is not recommended.

But to return on topic, they even drink bottled water these days in many rural villages where correct commode behavior remains common knowledge.

Sure are a lot of the newer generation of ex-pats who can't handle a traditional Thai WC without bringing along some TP or would probably, the guys at least, not know how to correctly tie a phakamaa. And judging from this thread and some other recent threads, the ways and correct manners of usage of a traditional Thai commode remain a mystery to many on these boards.

Perhaps just as well? :o

Squatting doesn't seem very conducive to reading the newspaper. And forget abouot doing the crossword. :D