UK National living in TH going back to UK for a holiday

I kept a UK Address and any time i go back, i always just turn up at the ''GP'S'' for a Check up, nothing said, and if i get a prescription, get that free too...

Handy or what...

Suits Me....

I also do that. I have kept my name on my old GP's list and go there to get blood tests whenever I am over, just to check my cholesterol levels etc. Saves having to pay for it here in Thailand.

I have to have an injection every 3 weeks and I get that done at the same time.

All of it is free and no-one ever says a word. Probably because I was friendly with the practice nurse before I left 12 years ago, and she knows I am resident in Thailand, but doesn't say a word.

Many thanks theoldgit, as I thought, I'll try to check out some insurance companies.

I take it you are traveling alone. I don't bother if I go back alone but if I am with my wife we always have insurance for the both of us. We use AXA(Thailand), fairly reasonable.

I also use AXA Thailand for my wife when we go back to the UK to see family.

Very reasonable - only 2007 baht for 31 day cover, with coverage up to 3 million baht if you peg it when over, and for emergency treatment and repatriation.

Up to two million baht for medical treatment if you fall ill or have an accident.

I never really noticed before but there must be some banding. We were the same, 4014 baht for 2 people, for a 26 day period.That was for the worldwide policy.