NON O Visa extension?

Can someone please clarify if this Visa can be extended and how? I have NON O marriage Visa from Savannakhet. It is the multiple entry (5K Baht)

It is my first time with this VIsa so I am not sure exactly how it works, but I was under impression that each entry can be extended by 60 days, totaling 15 months.

Is this true? I did go to Chiangrai Immigration today and was told that I cannot extend this Visa, but CR office is known for being rather strict and difficult to deal with. So basically I'd like to know if it's even possible to extend this Visa because I could easily go to CM to do it. Any clarification would be appreciated and forgive my ignorance but I'm newly married and never had to do this before. Thanks!

You cannot extend the visa. You can only extend the 90 day entry the visa allows for 60 days to visit your wife.

Was your wife with you and when you went to apply? Did you have proof of residence for Chiang Rai?

The extension is allowed under clause 2.24 of the police order for extensions of stay.

Sorry to jump in on this but does anybody know the earliest time I can go through immigration to vientienne please I live in udon Thani and it's my first time leaving Thailand on a non o marriage visa multiple entry cheers all in advance

"Can someone please clarify if this Visa can be extended and how? I have NON O marriage Visa from Savannakhet. It is the multiple entry (5K Baht)"

Every 90 days you must leave the country an re enter at which time you will get another 90 days. Do this correctly and and you can get 15 months from your visa, Being in Chiang Rai you can do your "border hop" at Mae Sai. Its 10 USD or 500 baht for the Myanmar visa. The complete process at the crossing takes only 10 minutes. I personally have done this at this crossing with the O-Multy aka marriage visa.

Sorry to jump in on this but does anybody know the earliest time I can go through immigration to vientienne please I live in udon Thani and it's my first time leaving Thailand on a non o marriage visa multiple entry cheers all in advance

The bridge opens at 6 am. You can do the crossing at any time after that until it closes at 10 pm.

• Every time you enter the country you can stay a maximum of 90 days.
  • Every 90 days you must exit/re-enter the country to be granted a new 90 day stay.
  • The visa has an expiry date which is printed on the visa as the 'enter before' date. You can enter as often as often as you want until on or before this date.
  • You should make your last entry on or as near to the 'enter before' as you can. You will be granted a new 90 day stay even though the visa will expire during the 90 days. This last entry close to the 'enter before' date is what gives you the 15 months.

Note: It is possible to get a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife. That extension can be applied for to extend any 90 day stay, including the last entry making it possible to stay here for nearly 17 months using the same visa.

Immigration were right to say you can't extend the visa. If you want a new visa it must be obtained at a Thai Embassy/Consulate outside of Thailand. However, if towards the end of any 90 day stay you apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife, it should be granted if you can provide the supporting documents.

if you are close to the border it will pay you to do a border hop every 90 days, doing as you said the last hop just before the expiry date of the actual visa, then extend this last 90 day entry at local immigration (1,900 baht) 7-14 days before leave by date, reason to visit Thai wife, she must be with you when you extend.

Hi,

I'm a UK citizen, of retirement age, here on a multi-entry non o visa issued in the UK.

It is my intension to apply for a yearly extension for reasons of retirement.

My non-o visa expires on 8th June 2016 and after my last border run my permission to

stay is 13th July 2016.

If I do a border run before 8th June - making my 12 month visa 15 months, can I then

apply for my "retirement" extension - I'm thinking that my visa has expired and I would

need a new o visa.

Oh god, isn't life complicated !!

All thoughts welcome - especially Joe !

Many thanks

Hi,

I'm a UK citizen, of retirement age, here on a multi-entry non o visa issued in the UK.

My non-o visa expires on 8th June 2016 and after my last border run my permission to

stay is 13th July 2016.

If I do a border run before 8th June - making my 12 month visa 15 months, can I then

apply for my "retirement" extension - I'm thinking that my visa has expired and I would

need a new o visa.

Many thanks

The simple answer is "Yes" providing you can meet the financial requirements for an 'extension of stay' based on retirement

Hi,

stay is 13th July 2016.

need a new o visa.

Many thanks

You con't need to wait for your non-o visa to expire to apply for an extension of stay. You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any of the 90 entries from it if you have the needed financial proof.

You could do it near the end of your current entry if you want to.