Suspected Uighur militant in threat warning twice entered Thailand

webfact

Suspected Uighur Militant in Threat Warning Twice Entered Thailand
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14611494211461149433l.jpg
Pattaya Beach in a December 2014 file photo.

BANGKOK — One of the alleged militants said to be plotting terror attacks in Southeast Asia in a leaked intelligence report entered the country twice in March before departing, immigration police said today.

One of the men, identified as Uighur militants earlier this month in the April 8 report, entered Thailand on March 18 and 24, the heads of the national and immigration police forces told reporters Wednesday.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1461149421&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-04-21

Both reports aren't exactly toeing the official line by talking about terror and the Erawan bomb is described as a deadly terror attack which the authorities have categorically denied it was.

A spokesman for ISOC claims his unit believes there's no likelihood of a terrorist attack carried out by external players but even if there was, heaven forbid, it would likely just be denied again. TCF, Tourism Comes First.

If I were the redhead guy in the black shorts on the forefront and saw this photo used as an illustration for the article here, I'd be angry as hell and I believe I would sue.

Talk about lousy, careless and dim-witted journalism ...

If I were the redhead guy in the black shorts on the forefront and saw this photo used as an illustration for the article here, I'd be angry as hell and I believe I would sue.

I think it's we who should be suing this lard-ass for obscene exposure. :) :)

Let's go to Thailand and plot a massive terror attack in Asia and while we are there we can spend a bit of time on the beach but we have to watch out for the lady boys or we could end up being the ones attacked and don't forget that new special vest I got you for your holiday

Thailand keeps an eye on 3 Turkish extremists

BANGKOK, 21 April 2016 (NNT)-The Immigration Bureau is now keeping an eye on three Turkish nationals after receiving a warning from Singapore regarding their attempt to launch an attack on Thai soil.

Immigration Bureau Commander Pol Lt Gen Nattorn Prohsunthorn has revealed one of the three suspects, identified as Ali Yalcin, arrived in Thailand on March 18th before leaving for Cambodia shortly after.

He returned to the Kingdom on March 26th before traveling to Malaysia. The suspect was accompanied by Arif Yilmaz who is not on the list of suspects. The Pol Lt Gen added Yalcin would be interrogated if found in the country again.

Meanwhile, Police Chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda said the recent meeting on countermeasures against violence was not inspired by Singapore’s warning.

He also said he was not concerned by the presence of the indigenous Uighur ethnic minority in Thailand as they are not all involved in extremism.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-21 footer_n.gif

Makes me smile when people suggests "sue" in Thailand.

Stands in courtroom dock, "Well it was like this your honor, I was laying on the beach and............."

Good luck with that!

Makes me smile when people suggests "sue" in Thailand.

Stands in courtroom dock, "Well it was like this your honor, I was laying on the beach and............."

Good luck with that!

Yeah, well, you're right, I wouldn't sue because 1) I've lived here long enough to know better and 2) I'm not American.

I was just making a point, and the point was about lousy journalism, not about the justice system in this country, on which my opinion is most likely similar to yours.

Edited by Yann55

There is enough blubber on that beach to start up a Japanese cosmetics plant.

Or enough to sent the Japanese whaling fleet this way instead of Antarctica. I will stay off

the beach to keep chances of that down. biggrin.pnglaugh.pngtongue.png

So suspected terrorists get two free goes at Immigration and only get questioned on their third try?

Yes, but you are being a bit silly: everyone knows that the greater risk is in not catching wicked tutoring TEFLers. They could tear the fabric of society apart.

So suspected terrorists get two free goes at Immigration and only get questioned on their third try?

Too busy looking for people suspected of wishing to play bridge, while on holiday in Thailand, that's the TOP priority ! rolleyes.gif