Guards Arrested for Beating Drivers Refusing Extortion

geovalin

Khmer Times/Buth Reaksmey Kongkea

Three men transporting wood on home-made tractors were beaten up after refusing to pay two village security guards attempting to extort money from them. The two security guards were arrested and charged on Monday for allegedly beating the three tractor drivers, who refused to pay them to be allowed to transport wood from a forest in Kampong Chhnang province’s Teuk Phos district, according to officials.

Provincial penal police officer Major Keo Sarith said 30-year-old Nong Vanatha and 28-year-old Nong Vanna, who lived in Kraing Commune, were arrested on Monday night. He said that at about 7pm on Sunday night, the pair demanded 5,000 riel (about $1.20) from each of the three victims who were transporting wood on home-made tractors, and when they refused to pay they attacked them.

“They caught the tractor drivers who were transporting wood from the forests for their own use and tried to force them to pay 5,000 riel. But because the cart’s drivers did not pay them as they demanded, they beat them and caused them serious injuries,” he said. He said the three victims sustained multiple injuries with 26-year-old Chem Seun suffering a broken jaw, 22-year-old Phath Sam a head wound and 37-year-old Eoun Pha a heavy blow to the cheek.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/24028/guards-arrested-for-beating-drivers-refusing-extortion/

But because the cart’s drivers did not pay them as they demanded, they beat them and caused them serious injuries...

What do you want to be when you grow up son? I want to be a Security Guard so I can take money from people and give them a beat-down if I am not pleased...

Got to love the Asian work ethic...

But because the cart’s drivers did not pay them as they demanded, they beat them and caused them serious injuries...

What do you want to be when you grow up son? I want to be a Security Guard so I can take money from people and give them a beat-down if I am not pleased...

Got to love the Asian work ethic...

Exclusive to Asia?