Music world in shock as Prince dies suddenly aged 57

webfact

I don't think he was genius. In fact, I thought he was mostly mediocre and way too pretentious. Remember when he changed his name to some weird, unpronounceable symbol?

IMO, he did one GREAT album (Purple Rain) and a bunch of other OK stuff. He died too young and does deserve to be celebrated for his one major contribution to modern music.

RIP

At least prince can not be accused of standing still and not developing.

He's pretty still now.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was a giant, a talent that graces the music- world only rarely!

If there is a God, he is putting together one hell of a band in 2016!

R.I.P. Prince- nothing compares to you!

Transcript of 911 call to Prince's compound
By The Associated Press

A transcript of the 911 call at 9:43 a.m. Thursday from Prince's Paisley Park compound to the Carver County, Minnesota, Sheriff's Office:

Dispatcher: 911, where is your emergency?

Unidentified Male: Hi there, um, what's the address, here? Yea we need an ambulance right now.

D: OK.

UM: We have someone who is unconscious.

D: OK, what's the address?

UM: Um, we're at Prince's house.

D: OK, does anybody know the address? Is there any mail around that you could look at?

UM: Yea, yea, OK, hold on.

D: OK, your cellphone's not going to tell me where you're at, so I need you to find me an address.

UM: Yea, we have um, yea, we have um, so, yea, um, the person is dead here.

D: OK, get me the address please.

UM: OK, OK, I'm working on it.

D: Concentrate on that.

UM: And the people are just distraught.

D: I understand they are distraught, but —

UM: I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

D: OK, do we know how the person died?

UM: I don't know, I don't know.

UM: Um, so we're, we're in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and we are at the home of Prince.

D: You're in Minneapolis?

UM: Yea, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

D: You're sure you are in Minneapolis?

UM: That's correct.

D: OK, have you found an address yet?

UM: Yea, um, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry I need, I need the address here?

Unidentified Female: 7801.

Unidentified Male: 7801.

D: 7801 what?

UM: Paisley Park, we are at Paisley Park.

D: You're at Paisley Park, OK, that's in Chanhassen. Are you with the person who's ...

UM: Yes, it's Prince.

UM: The person.

D: OK, stay on the line with me.

UM: OK

(phone ringing)

Ridgeview Ambulance dispatcher: Ambulance, Shirley.

D: Carver with the transfer for Paisley Park Studios, 78.

Ambulance dispatcher: Paisley Park Studios, OK.

D: 7801 Audubon Road.

Ambulance dispatcher: OK.

D: We have a person down, not breathing.

Ambulance dispatcher: Down, not breathing.

D: Yup.

UM: He's, he's --

D: We're going to get everybody, go ahead with the transmittal sir.

(Carver County Dispatcher 2 comes on line)

Ambulance dispatcher: Yea, Kayley, this is Shirley at Ridgeview. You can cancel anybody going to Aubudon, confirmed DOA.

Dispatcher 2: OK, thank you.

Ambulance dispatcher: All right, thanks, bye.
___

Source: Carver County Sheriff's Office.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-04-22

RIP Prince you will be missed by many.

Great music and great times

Of course we get the typically pathetic replies from TV dipsticks who couldnt put 2 notes together and make them sound good (in small font to match those small minds)

seems Thais never even heard of him

You can stop trolling now!

Thais haven't heard of many things, like Africa for example!

I didn't know Prince was involved with Toto. I do well remember Vanity 6 though :)

He wrote Chaka Khan's 'I Feel For You' and Bangles ' Manic Monday' and numerous other tracks. Actually looking back now ,he wrote some pretty awesome stuff over the years.

I don't think he was genius. In fact, I thought he was mostly mediocre and way too pretentious. Remember when he changed his name to some weird, unpronounceable symbol?

IMO, he did one GREAT album (Purple Rain) and a bunch of other OK stuff. He died too young and does deserve to be celebrated for his one major contribution to modern music.

RIP

Didnt like him at all didnt like his music didnt think he contributed anything..............did like his guitar solo at George Harrisons show though.

oops just seen post above.well ther ya go!!

Edited by kannot

I dont know about that. Let it play out and see.....They are saying pnumonia and flu. Should know more after the autopsy and other tests. Huge outporing from fans and people in the business. He was an impressive musician and deserves being labeled an ICON.....

The guy was a musical genius, brilliant guitarist, played every instrument if I recall. You don't have to have liked him to appreciate how talented he was, those putting him down would seem to have little appreciation of music.

Unlike most of today's artists he wrote material as well, didn't just get his name added on to steal royalties.

57 is very young to die these days, presumably more info will come out.

Oh those heady days in my early 20's going to the Night Club and dancing to Prince. Good memories!! RIP little man with good music.

He also wrote Nothing Compares to You for Sinead O'Connor. Which is a song that still makes me cry.

I am expecting heart disease was an underlying illness, perhaps brought on by lupus.

I never could figure him out as he was definitely an odd one. For a little fellow he sure had an impact among his peers.

Thanks Doctor.

The usual over hyped accolades for a performer of very dubious achievements, the word genius is so over used these days.

Let see how good your songs and music are...

Prince was able to sing from falsetoo to baritone without any problem switching quickly between tones.

He was a master of guitar and many other instruments (more than 20). On his albums he played nearly all the instruments.

He was recognized by major names of the music worldwide...but yeah it is just a regular john doe, right?

RIP

he changed to a symbol due to the cheating record company who abused him!

The usual over hyped accolades for a performer of very dubious achievements, the word genius is so over used these days.

Let see how good your songs and music are...

Prince was able to sing from falsetoo to baritone without any problem switching quickly between tones.

He was a master of guitar and many other instruments (more than 20). On his albums he played nearly all the instruments.

He was recognized by major names of the music worldwide...but yeah it is just a regular john doe, right?

He was undoubtedly talented but so are many people in different professions which are actually essential to the world in general, being able to play pop music with many instruments and prance about the stage hardly constitutes genius. I admire Sayaka Shoji a young Japanese woman who plays classical music on the violin so beautifully it brings tears to my eyes but that isn't genius it is pure talent. Hawkins,Einstein, Boehman, Bohr,Feynman were and are great physicists whose strange abilities to think outside the box puts them in the realm of genius and they had no need to ruin their health with drugs. The word genius,like the word hero are misused these days. I leave fawning over pop stars and film stars to the teeny's.