Boosted Boards(electronic skateboards) in Bangkok?

pluto_manibo

If you mean an electronic hoverboard they are everywhere for sale. MBK certainly has them. I saw them at Seacon Bangkhae the other day as well. There is a girl here in our Moo Baan who has an electric unicycle which I hope she learns to control sooner rather than later.

You are aware that certain models have caught on fire while recharging. Recently a home in Australia was severely damaged when the battery caught fire.

• 3 months later...

Hi there, I'm not sure about BoostedBoards but I myself have a Benchwheel Board. It's basically a Boosted clone which costs 29k. 

The board has way more milage than the boosted at 20km and top speed of 30-33km/hr.

The board itself is made so that repairs are easily done by user so if you need new electronics or new reciever units from general breakdown or water damage you can order repairs directly from the Benchwheel company or upgrade to other company parts like Enerton electric skateboards. 

I bought it from these stores located all over bangkok called Gizman Lifestyle by MangPong.

I just disassembled a balance board, it was about to explode i guess. The wires were cut through by sharp edges inside the frame and there was no fuse at all. 

Balance boards are cheap at lazada.

A real man would build his own, just search on ebay.com or alieexpress, there are plenty shops who sell all the parts needed in a set. And if you buy from china you probably won't have to pay importtax.

5 hours ago, Thian said:

I just disassembled a balance board, it was about to explode i guess. The wires were cut through by sharp edges inside the frame and there was no fuse at all. 

A real man would build his own, just search on ebay.com or alieexpress, there are plenty shops who sell all the parts needed in a set. And if you buy from china you probably won't have to pay importtax.

Dude. We're talking about real electric skateboards, not those 2 wheel hoverboard thingys. Just imagine a skateboard/longboard but the back wheels are motorized, that's what OP is on about.

4 hours ago, irexjr said:

Dude. We're talking about real electric skateboards, not those 2 wheel hoverboard thingys. Just imagine a skateboard/longboard but the back wheels are motorized, that's what OP is on about.

I know, i 've seen them for sale on ebay...also all the parts needed in a set. In fact for every product you can buy in the stores you can easy find the parts to build it yourself, it all comes from China these days.

2 minutes ago, monkey4u said:

What is the life expectancy of a person using these in Bangkok  :w00t:

You never know how things work out in Thailand. 

If those boards were very expensive they might get much respect from cardrivers so they all avoid them. 

But the roads and pavements are so full of holes that those small wheels can't drive here.  I 've also seen models with big wheels and airtires who even can go offroad.

2 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

Try the skateshop in Esplanade if they don't have them they'll know where to find them. 

Or take a cheap flight to Shenzhen where they're half the price of everywhere else :) 

I agree, included the cost of the flight you probably save money by going there.

I just received 4 more packages from china, the most expensive one is 70 us$ but i didn't have to pay importtax again. I had to pay him 9 baht, don't know why.

So is import from China to Thailand taxfree these days or were we lucky?

• 7 months later...

A little off to the right of topic, but has anyone tried one of these cheapo e-scooters?

http://www.lazada.co.th/scooter-e-scooter-es-3-bk-black-10198094.html

For 3900 baht, I'd try one if only I didn't have my entire apartment double stacked with stuff that I bought just to try them out.  (BTW, on the whole, it's been a worthwhile endeavor- though some of the goodies were a flop, I've had a ton of fun with a high enough percentage of them)

On 17/08/2016 at 6:04 PM, Thian said:

A real Man"?  A real man wouldn't be seen dead on one!

Why would import tax not be payable on imports from China?

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

Why would import tax not be payable on imports from China?

Thailand and China have a free trade agreement that exempts a lot of items from import duties.  Not everything, but quite a few HS codes.

Out of about 30 small package shipments from China, I've only paid import duties for 3- all 3 of them over $250 and all of them pretty sizable boxes.  Anything small doesn't seem to raise any interest.

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Thailand and China have a free trade agreement that exempts a lot of items from import duties.  Not everything, but quite a few HS codes.

Out of about 30 small package shipments from China, I've only paid import duties for 3- all 3 of them over $250 and all of them pretty sizable boxes.  Anything small doesn't seem to raise any interest.

AFTA doesn't abolish import duty on personal items, if it did you wouldn't have been charged duty on three of your purchases surely?

Just now, gdgbb said:

AFTA doesn't abolish import duty on personal items, if it did you wouldn't have been charged duty on three of your purchases surely?

Depends on whether they fall under an HS code that's covered by the agreement.  And apparently, the value of the shipment, but I have no clue what that trigger value is.

And probably whether the moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligns with Mars on the day...

10 hours ago, jetjrai said:

Hi guys. I am starting up something for Thailand. Im bringing koowheel. the best alternative to boosted boards.

I'm not trying to discourage you from your endeavor- in fact I love the idea.  

But I strongly recommend you look up the requirements for work permits, and talk to others who are doing similar "projects" to find out how they keep from getting deported- before you go public.

Archived