Full Flat Bed

Hel123

I'm looking to travel to the UK - I'm after Business Class with

Fully Flat bed seats......

This is the first time I'm booking a return trip from Thailand to the UK - I've booked tens of return trips originating from UK to Thailand. Of late I've found the best value to be Air India via Delhi, Full Flat bed on both legs.

Anyone know which is the best site to use to book ??

Also if anyone knows better deals than Air India please advise.

Thanks

H

I've heard very good things about the FinnAir business class on their new Airbus A350 model.

The problem with Finnair is the sectors Helsinki<>wherever you are going. This will not be flat-bed. In fact it probably wont even be proper business class.

British Airways direct to London ... All Business Class seats are flat beds and have been for some time....

Yes, but around twice the price that I am paying with Sri Lankan. I'm not in that much of a hurry.

Another option would be Vietnam who have just one very short local sector to/from Bangkok then direct to London in their Dreamliner. Also about 35% cheaper than BA.

I've heard very good things about the FinnAir business class on their new Airbus A350 model.

The problem with Finnair is the sectors Helsinki<>wherever you are going. This will not be flat-bed. In fact it probably wont even be proper business class.

Hardly a problem as the last leg of the journey is not too long.

Hardly a problem as the last leg of the journey is not too long.

Long enough, I think. If I pay for a business class seat I expect to get it on the whole trip.

In the photos it looks great. Going to try it out for the long leg of BKK-HEL-CPH and back for an RCI cruise out of Copenhagen this May 2017.

British Airways direct to London ... All Business Class seats are flat beds and have been for some time....

Yes, but around twice the price that I am paying with Sri Lankan. I'm not in that much of a hurry.

Another option would be Vietnam who have just one very short local sector to/from Bangkok then direct to London in their Dreamliner. Also about 35% cheaper than BA.

Have done Vietnam Airlines a few times and any leg that is not on a 787 is a bit rough in business class compared to most Asian carriers. Connecting through Saigon or Hanoi often involves a fairly lengthy connect too... although I'm sure that varies.... ouch, just looked and it's an 8-11 hour layover... haven't tried different days yet though.

Edited by Heng

The Dreamliner is pretty cramped for people six-foot or more. I couldn't get comfortable in their Business-First seat. It's just too short and narrow. Also, the height of the cabin is infringed upon by the ceiling that curves in. See if you can catch an A380 on the route that you want. Good luck. Maybe with all of the surplus oil that's sloshing around the world, Boeing could put out a more spacious model - the 789? I don't think that airlines would relinquish any of their fuel savings though.

I prefer the one of the middle eastern airlines. Mainly because I prefer two shorter high quality journeys and the fact that you get two of everything. Two lounges, meals, spa treatments etc More relaxed journey.

So usually, Oman, Qatar, Etihad, Emirates in no particular order.

Direct if time is of the essence.

Without dates, the OP's question is a waste of time.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

The Dreamliner is pretty cramped for people six-foot or more. I couldn't get comfortable in their Business-First seat. It's just too short and narrow. Also, the height of the cabin is infringed upon by the ceiling that curves in. See if you can catch an A380 on the route that you want. Good luck. Maybe with all of the surplus oil that's sloshing around the world, Boeing could put out a more spacious model - the 789? I don't think that airlines would relinquish any of their fuel savings though.

Hard to blame Boeing for an airline fitting out a plane with a cramped seating plan. There are comfortable business class 787's (ANA, Qatar), and not so comfortable ones.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Have done Vietnam Airlines a few times and any leg that is not on a 787 is a bit rough in business class compared to most Asian carriers. Connecting through Saigon or Hanoi often involves a fairly lengthy connect too... although I'm sure that varies.... ouch, just looked and it's an 8-11 hour layover... haven't tried different days yet though.

The dates I looked at had stopovers of around 2-3 hours, which is acceptable in a lounge. Much longer than that and I would want a hotel room such as Sri Lankan provide.

I readily admit that my main interest in Vietnam was trying out them and their Dreamliner, and just generally the new experience. In the end Sri Lankan had a good sale so I just stuck with them. Their product is fine for the price, as long as you dont mind a long beach hotel stopover on the return leg, which I dont.

I prefer the one of the middle eastern airlines. Mainly because I prefer two shorter high quality journeys and the fact that you get two of everything. Two lounges, meals, spa treatments etc More relaxed journey.

Yes, two flights of similar length certainly has its advantages. I mentioned Oman earlier and at the moment they are doing very good prices from BKK, undercutting even the very cheap airlines. Also their stopovers all seem to be just a couple of hours, which is about right.

Had I not already booked with Sri Lankan for less I would surely have gone with Oman.

I sleep most of the flight....

BA uses the budget airline ploy of charging to reserve seats, and their front/rear facing alternating seat layout is just unpleasant.

Are Thai using their A380's on this route yet?

Definitely the standard in my opinion, so comfortable (and often half full biz cabin, at least in my luck) that you wonder about their margins, but hey, all good. I'd leave Oman out of that list though. And less so because of the airline as to their main hub. Since the airport and facilities are part of the experience nowadays, you have to factor it in.

Hi Thanks for all of the ideas.......

I'm not saying cost isn't a consideration but it's not the main consideration.

Over the past 25 years I've travelled to Thailand twice a year before finally emigrating 4 months ago - Always travelled business and have used lots of different carriers.

Even though I don't have specific dates as yet, my question shouldn't be date sensitive

I'm looking for Fully Flat Bed 180 degrees, not lie-flat or similar which tend to be 160 degrees ish. Normally to provide a fully flat bed the seat pitch has to be a mimimum of 78inches, a lot of carriers advertise Lie-Flat but the pitch is on 60 inches, so it's pretty obvious that it's not a fully flat bed.

In years gone by I've booked what I was told was flat bed and ended up being not fully flat bed, still a good value Busines class seat, but not what I want.

It's often difficult to pin it down 100% if carriers use various aircraft on the route as they can change them......

Anyway, many thanks for the info - Appreciated

All round I don't think you can beat EVA on BKK-LHR in Business, food, service and IFE are great all with a full bed, mattress topper and pyjamas. The only slight downer is catering on LHR-BKK isn't as good.

Definitely the standard in my opinion, so comfortable (and often half full biz cabin, at least in my luck) that you wonder about their margins, but hey, all good. I'd leave Oman out of that list though. And less so because of the airline as to their main hub. Since the airport and facilities are part of the experience nowadays, you have to factor it in.

If you are only there for two hours (which you are with Oman) does it matter that much? I rather like the experience of looking at a new lounge and (possibly) trying some local food that I would not normally get to try.

Seems to me that if you dont care so much about price or other facilities en-route then you should check out the three carriers that fly to the UK non-stop and pick one that has the flat beds you want.

each airline outfits them differently. The ANA version with the PODS is quite spacious.

Definitely EVA Business class

1. Star Alliance member, handy if you're a Thai member already since....
  2. EVA business is noticeably cheaper than Thai Air - and both are direct Bangkok-London
  3. and EVA business is better than Thai.

It would have to be a good chunk cheaper to deal with the faff of a connection - and massively, humongously cheaper to fly Air India.

Edited by coops

If you are only there for two hours (which you are with Oman) does it matter that much? I rather like the experience of looking at a new lounge and (possibly) trying some local food that I would not normally get to try.

Seems to me that if you dont care so much about price or other facilities en-route then you should check out the three carriers that fly to the UK non-stop and pick one that has the flat beds you want.

For me, yes. I'm all for new airport experiences, I'm referring to regular connections through one place or the other. As for Emirates vs. BA, TG, and EVA, for me there's no contest in terms of hard or soft product. That said, it's kind of a moot point for me to frequent BA because there's no reason for me to connect through London to go anywhere so those would be thrown away miles.

For me, yes. I'm all for new airport experiences, I'm referring to regular connections through one place or the other. As for Emirates vs. BA, TG, and EVA, for me there's no contest in terms of hard or soft product. That said, it's kind of a moot point for me to frequent BA because there's no reason for me to connect through London to go anywhere so those would be thrown away miles.

What about the hard product on Emirates if you end up on a 777, three across in business or trapped in a window seat having to climb over your neighbour, no thanks, EVA hands down to me every time. Edited by RabC

True, but I have no doubt they'll be updating the 777 service to more closely match their A380 service (it only takes a few articles online before their key customer base start to actively avoid one plane type or the other)... which is why plane selection is key for any flight selection process. I like EVA, and would use them for flights stateside if I wasn't already heavily invested in SQ... not to mention that I need to stop by Singapore 2-3 times a year anyway on business. So basically it's Emirates connecting to the left, SQ to the right, and any of the direct legacy carriers to Japan or Korea (although as mentioned on another thread, don't mind Cathay at all when needed). Now, a tough call is who to fly south (to Oz), as it's virtually all 777 service last I checked through Emirates, but still direct.... but then SQ is just a short hop if I can make it a combined work and play trip....

Does EVA business or Royal Laurel offer included driver pick up and drop off?

Edited by Heng