Fake medicine at well known pharmacy

kwaione

Same day I seen the DSI inside (a pharmacy - description removed by Moderator).. I purchased over 15k worth of meds from them after the DSI left.. Seems they didn't care about fakes or anything just brown envelopes.. Here is what happened I copied and pasted it because I accidentally posted it in the Chiang Mai forum: wasn't going to post this but after I thought it through it could save lives so I am posting it... I bought a bottle of Androlic made by BD from xxx's pharmacy... It wasn't until I got home and compared them to my other empty bottles to see the bottle was see through light
green, where the original is dark green, the pills were lighter green and crumbled easily.. And the hologram was so bad you couldn't read or make it out the repeated "British Dispensary" words written several times on it and the label wasn't on straight plus the expiration date you could tell was mass printed not sequential printing, not little dots that make up the date but crisp lines.... I have nothing against xxx's but after a half hour of arguing they finally gave me back most of my money I paid, most of it not all... The package insert was not crisp lettering it was copy on didn't have same thickness paper,, they tried telling me I had the fake pills and that theirs were real, I proceeded with blood tests at that showed high red blood count and high liver enzymes on my real bottle and low res blood count and normal liver enzymes on their bunk gear .... Finally the mother stepped in and gave me most my money back.... I have nothing against them but I spent 15,550 baht with them and got fake stuff..... I think only their unigen and alpha are legit and I would be careful of the rest.... I am not trying to bash them just trying to save a life that could be lost over this,,,,​sorry if this is wrong forum to post this any question feel free to pm me..and by the way there are genuine pharmacies that are mail order in Thailand and sell to farang in Thai baht which I found much more convenient, just scares me with all the business they get how many people are putting fake drugs into their bodies thinking it is legit because of positive reviews... They were upset they couldn't resell the fake androlic because I opened it already, very scary indeed, and while there some guy ordered 45 bottles of the same drug, I hope he is ok if your reading this pm me please and tell me your heart still beating . Regards

at a guess ,i would say at least half of thai meds are fake

i know a pharmacy owner so this comes from him

watch out for big famous western brannds like phfizer and upjohn etc

especially if theyre controlled drugs tyou cant buy in usa /uk

theyre likely 90% fake

try a thai or indian generic ,usually real and waaaay cheaper

So lets us get this right.

You are saying that you purchased 15K worth of a drug which is a "Special Controlled", prescription only medication in Thailand, from a pharmacy ?

Are you being wise in posting information about your illegal activity here ?

at a guess ,i would say at least half of thai meds are fake

i know a pharmacy owner so this comes from him

watch out for big famous western brannds like phfizer and upjohn etc

especially if theyre controlled drugs tyou cant buy in usa /uk

theyre likely 90% fake

try a thai or indian generic ,usually real and waaaay cheaper

Agree with this Indian off shore pharmacy for one The " British Dispensary" is an actual drug producing company here in Thailand,part of the Boots empire

Identifing details of the pharmacy have been removed from the post in keeping with forum rules re defamation...not only on grounds of claiming sold a fake but on the claim that the pharmacy sells this restricted item OTC at all.

It is illegal to purchase Andriol without a prescription...for both buyer and seller.

Any pharmacy openly selling drugs which are not legal without prescription but popular with foreigners may well be selling fakes. It is common practice here and often used to explain why the stores aren't prosecuted for selling restricted items (customers are, however, sometimes picked up police as they leave such shops as part of a "sting" operation).

Legally obtained pharmaceuticals in Thailand are seldom counterfeit. The counterfeit pharmaceutical trade is pretty much confined to name brand legally-restricted drugs popular with foreigners and in locations which see a high volume of tourists/ resident expats.

As the whole thread concerns an illegal activity, it is closed.