Kitchen Cabinets

Sakeopete

Hi All,

I'm having a house built in Aranyaprathet and wish to put in a modern farang kitchen. I noticed Homepro and private firms do it in Bangkok. Has anyone hired them to install cabinets and counter tops outside the capital? Any advice and/or recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers :o

Ditto ...

I'm signing up to buy a duplex and dislike the quality of the finishings in the kitchen. If any of you are familiar, I'd also like to know of any decent companies to contact.

ps: please do not copy over the HomePro website ...

We had a concrete kitchen counter built. There's a good selection of fitted cupboards available at Global House, large Home Marts, Homepro etc. Easy to hang the wall cupboards & to fit the counter doors, draw units. Just be sure you have the dimensions of all the units that will go under the counter before your builder makes the counter. Granite tops cheap here in Thailand. Those fitted kitchens you see for sale in Homepro are very expensive compared to the way we did it.

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

I'm having a house built in Aranyaprathet and wish to put in a modern farang kitchen. I noticed Homepro and private firms do it in Bangkok. Has anyone hired them to install cabinets and counter tops outside the capital? Any advice and/or recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers :D

I also live in the same area near you. What solution did you come up with locally maybe save me some research :o

I live in Chiang Mai and had ordered my eruo kitchen from Teka. The install crew came up from Bkk and stayed a couple of days until the job was done.

I have done many cutom kitchen jobs and when you really think about it, if you want the best fit for the money all you will be buying is boxes that have doors put on their fronts. The doors are pre-made in factories to a standard dimmension, but there are various sizes, so with a planning computer they specify the right sizes so you come up with almost a perfect fit. If you end up a few centimeters short, a filler panel covers the gap.

Thus, I view is to go to Homepro or other large kitchen cabinet installation department of a furniture store and use their planning computer to make up your plan and have them come to the provinces and install.

The best fitting sliding mirror closet doors I have ever had came from RB furniture and the installers traveled from BKK to CM to do the install and I am glad they did because hand plastered walls are never true.

I just don't think the demand for euro kitchen cabinets is high enough in the provinces for any manufacturer to keep a crew in the provinces, or in fact a showroom.

In Chiang Mai, there are a few kitchen cabinet stores but I would be leery of installers from anywehre other than Bkk. If I had it to do over again, I would go to BKK to one of the big kitchen cabinet install stores like Homepro, Homemart, Index Living Mall and order the install. They will send a man out to your house to measure. Quality is important in you want the cabinets to last, and I don't mean solid wood.

I have a high gloss finish and the fingerprints are a problem. A matte finish works much better.

The kitchen is usually the most expensive room in the house to furnish, and that is because of the appliances and the cabinets, so expect to pay 50K baht and up, depending on the size of the kitchen. Mine cost 100K