Transferring Extension of stay stamps to new passport - uk

Hi guys,

I am confused by info given by uk friends.

I will pick up my spanking new UK passport from VFS BKK next week. I am led to believe I need an Embassy letter to confirm its a genuine pp so that Immigration (udon thani) can transfer my retirement extension.

Confusion is I have been told

I get one with the pp at vfs

I need to go to the embassy and get one

I need to apply to the embassy by email to get one.

Anybody can help clear the confusion please ?

Thanks Paul.

There have been reports they are providing the letter from the embassy when you pick up your passport at Trendy.

It is a blank form that has already been signed by a consular officer you will need to fill out. If they don't give you one ask for it.

You can get the letter at Trendy !

Yes they provide a letter you pick up your passport now. There have been posts about it.

As I wrote it is a blank copy of the form stamped and signed by a consular officer from the embassy.

I know of case where a person did not get one and they sent an email to the embassy. The replied back with a attached file that was the same signed blank letter.

I have just come back from the UK with a new passport.

The airport immigration people transferred the multiple reentry permit, but immigration in Jomtien will not transfer the extension without this daft and pointless letter.

In addition, immigration tell me that I cannot get back into the country using both passports, forgetting that I have just done exactly that.

Do I really need to go to the embassy in Bangkok or can I just continue to use both passports until it needs to be renewed?

I have just come back from the UK with a new passport.

The airport immigration people transferred the multiple reentry permit, but immigration in Jomtien will not transfer the extension without this daft and pointless letter.

In addition, immigration tell me that I cannot get back into the country using both passports, forgetting that I have just done exactly that.

Do I really need to go to the embassy in Bangkok or can I just continue to use both passports until it needs to be renewed?

Send an email to the consular section and they will send you the letter. Send the email to the address shown for the consular section here: https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-bangkok#our-services

• Like 1

As UbonJoe said VFS now provide the letter, I picked up my PP with the letter from there 3 weeks ago,

You just fill in your details on the form, I had no issues whatsoever at Immigration when transferring my stamps when I presented them with the letter from VFS

Just to update this thread.

Using the email address from the link above results in the consulate emailing some PDF documents to you; samples of how to fill the form in and the form itself.

Immigration are happy to accept this.

Good to know you can use an easily forged form to confirm that an (almost impossible to forge) biometric passport is genuine! TiT.

Using the email address from the link above results in the consulate emailing some PDF documents to you; samples of how to fill the form in and the form itself.

Good to know you can use an easily forged form to confirm that an (almost impossible to forge) biometric passport is genuine! TiT.

The form does not certify the new passport. It only requests that immigration transfer the stamps.

The form does not certify the new passport. It only requests that immigration transfer the stamps.

And at least it is 1 small step in the right direction as far as the excessively bureaucratic, time-consuming and expensive UK passport renewal process these days is concerned!