do you still get 1st day overstay "free" leaving by airport ?

i am leaving on the 29th but there is a much cheaper flight on the 30th at lunchtime

but i dont want to get stamped overstay because i got warning once about overstaying

i remember in the past they used to waive it ,i dont care about the price ,its getting a overstayed

note written into my passport i need to avoid ...........

fly 29 or clear immigration at 23.45 and wait in departures for the next available flight on 30th might be an option .......

i need to avoid that stamp as it may fkkk me up in the future to have 1 overstay comment in my passport already

and i sure aint putting asnother one there for the sake of a few hours/baht etc

fly 29 or clear immigration at 23.45 and wait in departures for the next available flight on 30th might be an option .......

Doesn't immigration look at your boarding pass and passport? So I don't think you'll be able to hang around 1 day inside the airport once clearing immigration.

• Like 1

i need to avoid that stamp as it may fkkk me up in the future to have 1 overstay comment in my passport already

I doubt a one day overstay would have any effect on doing anything. People with more than one overstay have also not had problems. The stamp states it is less than 24 hours.

You could apply for a 7 day extension, pay 1900 baht and be given 7 days to leave.

• Like 1

My mate made a mistake with his return flight date by three days.

He was told by his bar buddies, experts he said because they'd been here years, he would be ok at the airport, He would only have pay for one day because they wouldn't charge him for the first day.

As his flight was just after 01:00 if he went through Immigration/passport control early, about 22:00 he'd not have to pay for the third day either...

When he went through he was taken to the overstay office to pay his fine, 500bht his buddies told him, just for the one day.

They charged him for ALL the days, It cost him 1500bht.

(a saving of 400bht though over the Imm office (that I told him to go to in the first place) price of 1900bht)

AND he got the overstay stamp!!!!!!

I laughed at him and said Som nam naa, his answer to me, first word started with an F, and the second word ended with an F.

I don't think I'm his mate any more..

So good luck mate, you might get away with not paying.

Edited by LoZth

Not difficult to work out . I was told this on this forum when i went to laos when my thai visa run out on a sunday. Got stopped arrested and kept there for 5 hours with another4 farangs all who thought they would get 1 day . I was there at 7 am so am so only 7 hours overdue Fined 500 baht but no stamp .
was told by the thai police that at the airport you might be there at 10pm but your flight is after midnight so you are allowed one day at the airport because of this reason and no stamp . At the border you cross straight away so no need for this 1 day grace

I doubt a one day overstay would have any effect on doing anything. People with more than one overstay have also not had problems. The stamp states it is less than 24 hours.

You could apply for a 7 day extension, pay 1900 baht and be given 7 days to leave.

i would have no problems paying extra 1900 for an extra week,

would it have any negative effects on my pasport when leaving or is that

acceptable behaviour to walk in on day 59 and pay 1900 for another week ?

Did you enter and get a 60 day entry from tourist visa or visa exempt and then extended the 30 day entry for 30 days?

If you had a tourist visa you can get a 30 day extension.

Visa exempt you can apply for a 7 day extension pay 1900 baht and be given 7 days to leave.

You could apply a few days before day 59 for either extension.

• Like 1

If they grant you an extra 7 days don't worry about it, they do it all the time and it is not an overstay if you got their permission and paid them for it... You will get stamped out, just the same as everyone else who has not overstated....

whistling.gif Many flights leave from the airport after midnight for European and North American destinations.

This brings them into their international destinations in the peak arrival daytime hours....especially when you consider the international date line and the time changes at the arrival destination.

it is not unlikely that many travelers with be checking in for an international flight before midnight on one day for a flight that actually leaves after midnight early in the morning of the next day.....say 1:30 or 2:00 a.m.

That is precisely why the overstay is not normally charged for that one day.

• Like 1

i would go in on the day59 ,fill in the extension form requesting another 30 days,pay the fee and wait

(even though youre only allowed 7 ,mistakes can happen when the office is busy )

worst case scenario,they spot the error you only get a 7

Did you enter and get a 60 day entry from tourist visa or visa exempt and then extended the 30 day entry for 30 days?

If you had a tourist visa you can get a 30 day extension.

Visa exempt you can apply for a 7 day extension pay 1900 baht and be given 7 days to leave.

You could apply a few days before day 59 for either extension.

i got a visa exemption stamp and then extended for 30 days at the end of that one

if i try to extend again hopefully i can get another 7 ,i dont think irish passports can get 60+30

so probably pay on the friday 29th would extend me until thursday the 5th of may?

whistling.gif Many flights leave from the airport after midnight for European and North American destinations.

This brings them into their international destinations in the peak arrival daytime hours....especially when you consider the international date line and the time changes at the arrival destination.

it is not unlikely that many travelers with be checking in for an international flight before midnight on one day for a flight that actually leaves after midnight early in the morning of the next day.....say 1:30 or 2:00 a.m.

Hi

I just started to worry when I read this topic!!!

My Tourist 60 day visa expires on the 2nd of May, and my UK flight leaves at 2am on the 3rd of May from BKK. Check in opens at 10pm so my plan was to get checked in and through immigration before 12 midnight.

Any issues with that? Hope I am worrying unnecessarily.

Thanks a lot

Hi

My Tourist 60 day visa expires on the 2nd of May, and my UK flight leaves at 2am on the 3rd of May from BKK. Check in opens at 10pm so my plan was to get checked in and through immigration before 12 midnight.

Thanks a lot

No u will be fine, just check in at 10pm, go thru immigration an wait in departure lounge. No probs. When u board the plane they only check ur ticket an boarding pass anyway. Very rarely look at passport an certainly not looking at overstay dates.

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks a lot

Nothing to worry about.

• If you exit passport control before midnight you don't have an overstay.
  • If you're delayed and don't go through until after midnight you would probably get an overstay stamp but they shouldn't fine you.
  • Like 1

Nobody cares your 1 day overstay except if you look too weak that even me will ask you 5000 thb pocket money <3

My mate made a mistake with his return flight date by three days.

He was told by his bar buddies, experts he said because they'd been here years, he would be ok at the airport, He would only have pay for one day because they wouldn't charge him for the first day.

As his flight was just after 01:00 if he went through Immigration/passport control early, about 22:00 he'd not have to pay for the third day either...

When he went through he was taken to the overstay office to pay his fine, 500bht his buddies told him, just for the one day.

They charged him for ALL the days, It cost him 1500bht.

(a saving of 400bht though over the Imm office (that I told him to go to in the first place) price of 1900bht)

AND he got the overstay stamp!!!!!!

I laughed at him and said Som nam naa, his answer to me, first word started with an F, and the second word ended with an F.

I don't think I'm his mate any more..

So good luck mate, you might get away with not paying.

Huh? I thought there was no 500 baht fine for a one day overstay only..

Two days would be 1000 baht, as the 1st overstay day must be paid?