Khon Kaen Bus Terminal New Location

pulnamin4

It is on the south side of the southwest quadrant of the ring road, about 500 metres west of Highway 2. Long distance departures/arrivals at the building in the front; Isaan departures/arrivals (that are no longer located at Baw-Khaw-Saw 1) at the rear building.

It's open, that's all I know.

Sure there are complaints because it's "out of town" and taxi rippers want 200 or so (more than most bus tickets).

As far as I know there are Songthaeos ("Baht buses") down there?

Edited by KhunBENQ

It's open, that's all I know.

Sure there are complaints because it's "out of town" and taxi rippers want 200 or so (more than most bus tickets).

As far as I know there are Songthaeos ("Baht buses") down there?

There is also a 22 seater aircon bus that does a a circular route, starting and finishing at the new bus station.

I have been there several times, and only a few companies are using it, including NCA and Chan Tours. Eventually they will all have to move there, but when, is anyone's guess.

The aircon bus is 10 baht per journey, no matter how far you go, and there is a route map on khonkaenforum.com under the Khon Kaen news sub forum.

We like the new bus terminal, it has been operating a couple of years or so , and is beginning to become established, 7 Eleven and Family Mart now there

There is plenty of parking

Metered Taxis that came to KhonKaen some six / seven years ago are very reasonable, and much better than the non metered TukTuks

The limit for a meter taxi is the ring road so you should be able to get one to go on the meter, or call Taxi control and enquire on cost

^^^^^^^^

A problem occurs with taxis in Khon Kaen, if there is more than one person, going to different destinations.

Most drivers will insist on resetting the metre to 40 baht, once the first passenger has got out.

A friend of mine ordered a taxi to go home. On his way home, he asked the taxi to stop at 7eleven to pick something up. When he got back into the taxi, he didn't realise, but the metre had been reset, and on arriving home he was charged for 2 journeys, pick up point to 7eleven, and 7eleven to home !

We like the new bus terminal, it has been operating a couple of years or so , and is beginning to become established, 7 Eleven and Family Mart now there

Metered Taxis that came to KhonKaen some six / seven years ago are very reasonable, and much better than the non metered TukTuks

The limit for a meter taxi is the ring road so you should be able to get one to go on the meter, or call Taxi control and enquire on cost

Some taxis try to force you to pay a flat rate with the meter off, especially if you are inbound at the bus station or outbound to the airport. If this happens, call the dispatch office and they will straighten the driver out for you... 043465777

If you need a dependable, English proficient KK cab, call Arthit 0820448872

For the buses to and from Khon Kaen the new terminal might be inconvenient.

But for buses transiting through Khon Kaen it is indispensable as it saves a lot of time by using the ring road instead of driving through the Khon Kaen jams and endless traffic lights.

Bus station 3 is great. most of the routes from the Air-con bus station have moved here. NCA and Chan Tours used to run a free shuttle service from the old Air-con bus station to the new one. not sure if they do any more.

The Taxi service is great, always have taxi meter available. there is a 40 Baht surcharge (like the 50 Baht airport surcharge) and they always run on meter.

Khon Kaen have had a great improvement in the The Taxi service department over the last couple of years, from not having enough taxis, never running on meter, to the total opposite. they even run on meter outside the ring road.

This bus station started off as a deserted area, but is now vibrant and have most amenities. they have even started to build an extension to it, hopefully they would move all buses out from city center.......

Funny thing about the old a/c bus station is that the Chan Tour (or is it NCA?) bus parking lot is right across the street from the station so the buses still run through downtown KK on their way to the BKS3 as often as in the past.

Does anyone know the time of thelast bus referred to in Post # 6 ? Or, can someone ask one of the drivers, and post here ?

I used this bus on Wednesday evening, there is a large banner (in Thai) outside the NCA waiting room at bus station 3 that would seem to suggest that the service is 24 hour and that the fee is 10 baht from 6.00 am to 8.00 pm and 30 baht from 8.00 pm to 6.00 am.

However, I caught the bus at just after 8.00 pm and the cost was 10 baht, you put the money in a slot machine upon entering the bus, others got on the bus at various locations as we headed around town and they all paid 10 baht. Very good service, I hope that it will last.

Does anyone know the time of thelast bus referred to in Post # 6 ? Or, can someone ask one of the drivers, and post here ?

I used this bus on Wednesday evening, there is a large banner (in Thai) outside the NCA waiting room at bus station 3 that would seem to suggest that the service is 24 hour and that the fee is 10 baht from 6.00 am to 8.00 pm and 30 baht from 8.00 pm to 6.00 am.

However, I caught the bus at just after 8.00 pm and the cost was 10 baht, you put the money in a slot machine upon entering the bus, others got on the bus at various locations as we headed around town and they all paid 10 baht. Very good service, I hope that it will last.

I cannot read Thai, but my impression was that 6.00am - 8.00pm it runs every 10 minutes, and from 8.00pm - 6.00am it runs every 30 minutes, although I could be wrong.

It definitely runs 24 hours a day, as I see and hear them at all sorts of hours going past mine.

When I first started using it, I usually had the bus to myself. However, it has now become very popular, and long may it survive. Excellent service.

I cannot read Thai, but my impression was that 6.00am - 8.00pm it runs every 10 minutes, and from 8.00pm - 6.00am it runs every 30 minutes, although I could be wrong.

It definitely runs 24 hours a day, as I see and hear them at all sorts of hours going past mine.

When I first started using it, I usually had the bus to myself. However, it has now become very popular, and long may it survive. Excellent service.

Good post, I too am unable to read Thai, I just tried to make some logic from the 'spider writing' on the banner. Your explanation would fit the situation very well.