Brussels airport won’t re-open fully before summer holidays

rooster59

Brussels airport won’t re-open fully before summer holidays

post-247607-0-03701600-1461449824_thumb.

One month on from the terrorist attacks in Brussels, reconstruction work on the airport continues.

Authorities say they aim to have it back to running at maximum capacity before the start of summer holidays at the end of June or early July.

Thirty two people died in three bomb attacks at the airport and on the metro. Hundreds more were injured and dozens are still in hospital.

One of the airport suicide bombers has been identified as having kept guard over four French hostages in Syria.

Twenty four year old Najim Laachraoui died after detonating his bomb in the airport.

A lawyer for two of the former hostages, freed in April 2014 after spending 10 months in captivity, said she could confirm he had been their captor.

On Friday, members of the European Commission gathered outside the entrance to the Malbeek metro station to pay tribute to those who died there. The station is due to reopen on Monday.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-04-24

Chances are the next bomb will be before the expected June/July finishing date. I think we must accept that some radical countries such as Belgium can not have an international airport - or any airport for that matter- or any transport hub where citizens might gather at all for that matter. Some sort of more natural transport will be rolled out there soon - I'm thinking ships of the desert?

Authorities say they aim to have it back to running at maximum capacity before the start of summer holidays at the end of June or early July.

I think you better have a word with your tourism minister. Belgium will not be on too many holiday makers must visit list.